Countries in Range of North Korean Missiles
by Martin Armstrong (Statista)
This chart shows the estimated ranges of North Korean missiles and the countries within that range.
In the latest of a series of missile tests by North Korea, leader Kim Jong-un has expressed his "great satisfaction" over a launch towards the Sea of Japan.
Described by state media as a 'surface-to-surface medium-to-long-range ballistic missile', the Pukguksong-2 is reported to have reached an altitude of about 550km (350 miles).
North Korea is hardly shy about it's nuclear ambitions, with each test leading to widespread condemnation and questions as to the country's current capability. As our infographic shows, the Council for Foreign Relations estimates the longest range missile, Taepodong-2, to have a reach of at least 6,000km meaning a strike on US soil would technically be possible.
- Be Wary of a China Witch Hunt
- Is North Korea Really that Crazy?
- Kim Jong-un's Dialogue Offer
- North Korea: The Cost of War Calculated
- Asia's Other Nuclear Standoff
- Preservation of the Asian Territorial Order
- Indonesia: East Asia's Rising Star
- China's Economic Multilateral Diplomacy
- China: When the Dragon Wakes
- Empowering China's New Miracle Workers
- The Influence of China in Bringing Peace to Myanmar
- Nationalism, Japan, and a Changing Asia
- More Prominence for India
- Modi Is Really Popular in India
- Australia Establish a Modern Slavery Act?
- China's Creditor Imperialism
- China: Xi Jinping Unbound
- Tri-Border Maritime Cooperation Foundering
- Money Talks in China’s Cloistered Internet
- North Korea Ready to Talk, But Who's Listening?
- What Can We Expect From Indonesia's New Defense Chief?
- Asia's Cities Against North Korea
- The Trumping of Asia
- China's State Security Strategy
- Australia's Agenda for Integrating the South Pacific
- Australia's Turn to Lead on Climate Change?
- Understanding the North Korea Threat
- North Korea: A Cold Northern Spring
- The Fastest-Growing Humanitarian Crisis
- Trump's Looming Hard Line on China
- Trump's Visit to the Philippines
- Trump's Mouth: Greatest Threat to Both Koreas
- Why Kim Won't Give Up His Nukes
- China's Communist Party By The Numbers
- The Grim Scale Of The Rohingya Crisis
- Rohingya: Ethnic Cleansing Leads to Refugee Crisis
- North Korea's Devastating Artillery
- North Korea Facts and Figures
- North Korean Defections
- Australians Urged To Eat Kangaroo Meat
- Can The U.S. Intercept A North Korean Missile?
- Troop Levels on the Korean Peninsula
- Japan: Shinzo Abe Wins in Landslide
- Ghost Collateral Haunts Loans in China
- North Korea's Cyber Warfare Cell that Worries the West
- Girls Freed From Mumbai's Brothels Learn Hindi To Retrace Trafficking Routes
- Yoga Tycoon Rises with Modi
- India Honors Nepali Woman Who Freed 12,000 Girls From Sexual Slavery
- India: Affordable Housing Plan Won't Fix Homelessness
- Indian Farmers Discover Flower Power
- India: Child Brides On The Rise
- Tsukiji Fish Market: Fighting To Save Tokyo's Culinary Heritage
- Pakistan: Sindh Province Cracks Down On Child Labor
- Nepal Fails To Deliver Relief To Quake Survivors
- Afghanistan: Refugees and Repatriation
- Australia Shark Attacks Could Take Bite Out of Tourism
- Australia Disappointed by Japan's Continued Whale Hunts
- Thousands March Demanding Change To Australia Day
- Australian Wine Exports To China Soar
- Philippines Narcotics Agency Takes Over Drugs War
- Philippine Troops Kill 15 Islamic State Supporters
- Philippines Asks China for Help in Fight Against Islamic Militants
- South Korean Perceptions of North Korea
- North Korea's Nuclear Infrastructure
- Countries in Range of North Korean Missiles
- Who Can We Trust To Measure Poverty?
- Instability, Quagmire, & Peace
- China's Vast Digital Potential
"Countries in Range of North Korean Missiles"