North Korea's Nuclear Infrastructure
by Martin Armstrong (Statista)
This chart shows the locations of nuclear infrastructure in North Korea.
Kim Jong-un's incessant desire to acquire his own nuclear deterrent is far from a state secret.
At a time when tensions between the United States and North Korea are only getting higher, the threat of an armed conflict erupting has arguably not been greater since the sinking of the ROKS Cheonan and the bombardment of Yeonpyeong island in 2010.
Two major differences between 2010 and 2017 though, are a somewhat unpredictable president sitting in Washington and the apparent advancement of North Korea's nuclear programme. In this new climate, our infographic uses information from Nuclear Threat Initiative to show where Kim Jong-un's nuclear infrastructure is located.
The chart above shows the locations of nuclear infrastructure in North Korea as of 2017.
- Be Wary of a China Witch Hunt
- Is North Korea Really that Crazy?
- Kim Jong-un's Dialogue Offer
- North Korea: The Cost of War Calculated
- Asia's Other Nuclear Standoff
- Preservation of the Asian Territorial Order
- Indonesia: East Asia's Rising Star
- China's Economic Multilateral Diplomacy
- China: When the Dragon Wakes
- Empowering China's New Miracle Workers
- The Influence of China in Bringing Peace to Myanmar
- Nationalism, Japan, and a Changing Asia
- More Prominence for India
- Modi Is Really Popular in India
- Australia Establish a Modern Slavery Act?
- China's Creditor Imperialism
- China: Xi Jinping Unbound
- Tri-Border Maritime Cooperation Foundering
- Money Talks in China’s Cloistered Internet
- North Korea Ready to Talk, But Who's Listening?
- What Can We Expect From Indonesia's New Defense Chief?
- Asia's Cities Against North Korea
- The Trumping of Asia
- China's State Security Strategy
- Australia's Agenda for Integrating the South Pacific
- Australia's Turn to Lead on Climate Change?
- Understanding the North Korea Threat
- North Korea: A Cold Northern Spring
- The Fastest-Growing Humanitarian Crisis
- Trump's Looming Hard Line on China
- Trump's Visit to the Philippines
- Trump's Mouth: Greatest Threat to Both Koreas
- Why Kim Won't Give Up His Nukes
- China's Communist Party By The Numbers
- The Grim Scale Of The Rohingya Crisis
- Rohingya: Ethnic Cleansing Leads to Refugee Crisis
- North Korea's Devastating Artillery
- North Korea Facts and Figures
- North Korean Defections
- Australians Urged To Eat Kangaroo Meat
- Can The U.S. Intercept A North Korean Missile?
- Troop Levels on the Korean Peninsula
- Japan: Shinzo Abe Wins in Landslide
- Ghost Collateral Haunts Loans in China
- North Korea's Cyber Warfare Cell that Worries the West
- Girls Freed From Mumbai's Brothels Learn Hindi To Retrace Trafficking Routes
- Yoga Tycoon Rises with Modi
- India Honors Nepali Woman Who Freed 12,000 Girls From Sexual Slavery
- India: Affordable Housing Plan Won't Fix Homelessness
- Indian Farmers Discover Flower Power
- India: Child Brides On The Rise
- Tsukiji Fish Market: Fighting To Save Tokyo's Culinary Heritage
- Pakistan: Sindh Province Cracks Down On Child Labor
- Nepal Fails To Deliver Relief To Quake Survivors
- Afghanistan: Refugees and Repatriation
- Australia Shark Attacks Could Take Bite Out of Tourism
- Australia Disappointed by Japan's Continued Whale Hunts
- Thousands March Demanding Change To Australia Day
- Australian Wine Exports To China Soar
- Philippines Narcotics Agency Takes Over Drugs War
- Philippine Troops Kill 15 Islamic State Supporters
- Philippines Asks China for Help in Fight Against Islamic Militants
- South Korean Perceptions of North Korea
- North Korea's Nuclear Infrastructure
- Countries in Range of North Korean Missiles
- Who Can We Trust To Measure Poverty?
- Instability, Quagmire, & Peace
- China's Vast Digital Potential
"North Korea's Nuclear Infrastructure"