Bulls Carlos Boozer for Raptors Andrea Bargnani Trade Explored
Exploratory trade discussions are reportedly being made for a deal of Bulls forward Carlos Boozer and Raptors sharp-shooter Andrea Bargnani.
Despite his defensive deficiencies, Bargnani could provide the Bulls with a much needed 3-point shooting prowess and be an effective pick-and-roll partner for Derrick Rose.
His inclusion could also reduce Bulls' payroll, since he makes $5 million less than Boozer this season.
Bargnani has two years left on his contract after the current one, with a total valued at slightly more than $22 million.
But acquiring Boozer could push the Raptors' payroll on the luxury tax level.
Raptors president Bryan Colangelo has said after the Gay trade that the team was prepared to stray into luxury-tax territory for the "right transaction." It remains to be seen whether the Boozer deal qualifies.
Boozer averaged 19.5 points and 10.1 rebounds per game in January.
- Bobcats Ben Gordon Dangled for Nets Kris Humphries
- Bulls Carlos Boozer for Raptors Andrea Bargnani Trade Explored
- New Ownership Group Files to Relocate Sacramento Kings to Seattle
- Dwight Howard Seeks to Salvage Season with Lakers
- Reggie Evans: Comments on LeBron, Heat Blown Out of Proportion
- Grizzlies Trade Forward Rudy Gay to Raptors
- Allen Iverson Rejects Offer from D-League Texas Legends
- Duncan and Harden Among Top Reserves Selected to NBA All-Star Game
- New Orleans Name Change to Pelicans Also Has Charlotte Buzzing
- Forbes Rates Knicks as Highest Valued NBA Team
- 7th Grader Becomes Sporting Superstar Knocking Down Treys
- Raptors Exploring Trade for Lakers Pau Gasol
- Kupchak Says Lack of Effort, Not Coach is Lakers Problem
- Grizzlies Cut Payroll by $6M in Trade with Cavs
- Kings Owners Reach Deal to Sell Team to Seattle Group
- Suns Fire Coach Alvin Gentry After 13-28 Start
Copyright © 2013 AHN. All rights reserved