Dennis Rodman Projects Himself as FBI Informant, Global Peacemaker
Dennis Rodman claimed that the FBI is thinking of sending him back to North Korea later this year as an informant.
"I have been contacted by the FBI and I met with them. They wanted to know what went on and who's really in charge in North Korea," Rodman told the Miami Herald.
Rodman also took time to advise the US government about diplomatic relations, saying it should reach out to those who want to cause harm as a way to reduce conflict.
"I've been talking to folks for years who don't get what I'm about, but that's cool, 'cause once they walk away they like me. I might be able to keep folks' heads cool." he said. "We all going to find a way to get along and keep peace."
His first visit to North Korea in February included a meeting with dictator Kim Jong-un and an exhibition basketball game in the capital Pyongyang.
Vice magazine organized the trip for a new HBO series and called it a "basketball diplomacy mission."
The ex-NBA star has once again basked in the limelight after the visit created a buzz.
The International Business Times wondered if Rodman is allowed to make his information status public.
Rodman hopes he will be allowed to return to North Korea in August after receiving an invitation for another visit.
"We have no plans really, as far as what we're going to do over there, but we'll just hang and have some fun!" said Rodman.
While Rodman has called Kim a friend, he emphasized that he is cautious about the relationship.
"I'm not a total idiot. I know what Kim Jong-un is threatening to do regarding his military muscle," Rodman said. "I hope it doesn't happen because America will take whatever actions to protect America and our allies."
- Spurs Topple Warriors, Advance to NBA West Finals
- Carmelo Anthony Shines with 28 points as Knicks Stay Alive
- Dirk Nowitzki Willing to Take Pay Cut to Give Mavs Salary-Cap Room
- Staying in Sacramento: NBA Owners Reject Kings Move to Seattle
- Defense and Rebounding Lift Pacers to 3-1 Series Lead Over Knicks
- Heat Bump Off Bulls, Advance to East Finals
- NBA Fines Chicago Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau for Postgame Comments
- Warriors Outplay Spurs in Overtime, Knot Series at 2-2
- Hibbert, Pacers Show Best Form in Beating Knicks
- Marc Gasol, Mike Conley Star as Grizzlies Take 2-1 Lead
- Seattle Pursues Kings with Increased $625M Bid
- Bosh-fueled Heat Hold On to Take 2-1 Series Lead on Bulls
- Tony Parker shines as Spurs take 2-1 lead over Warriors
- Bulls Joakim Noah Tells Reporter Getting 'Finger' Not Fun
- Amar'e Stoudemire to Beef up Knicks Frontline vs Pacers in Game 3
- Kobe Bryant Fights Mom over Memorabilia
- Lakers Forward Pau Gasol to Undergo Regeneration for Knees
- Ray Allen Scores 21 as Heat Tie Series with Bulls
- George Karl Wins NBA Coach of the Year
- Mike Conley's Heroics Push Grizzlies Past Thunder
- Suns Hire Celtics' Ryan McDonough as General Manager
- Clippers Coach Vinny Del Negro on Shaky Ground after First-Round Exit
- Pacers Outmuscle Knicks to take Game 1
- Carlesimo Firing Nothing to Do with Nets Playoff Failure
- Joakim Noah Stars as Bulls Oust Nets in Game 7
- Kevin Durant Scores 27 as Thunder Oust Rockets in Six Games
- Zach Randolph Stars as Grizzlies Finish Off Clippers in Six
- LeBron James Earns Fourth MVP Trophy
- Phil Jackson to Advise Pistons During Coaching Search
- Warriors Survive Nuggets Late Rally to Advance
- James Harden Leads Rockets in Cutting Thunder Series Lead to 3-2
- Jeff Green Scores 18 as Celtics Close in on Knicks
- Blazers Damian Lillard Unanimously Selected Rookie of the Year
- Grizzlies Push Clippers to Brink of Elimination
- Andre Iguodala Stars as Nuggets down Warriors in Game 5
- Chandler Parsons Stars as Rockets Avoid Sweep by Thunder
- NBA Relocation Committee Rejects Kings Move to Seattle
- Andray Blatche Sizzles in 4th Quarter as Nets Prevail
- NBA Veteran Jason Collins Comes Out As Gay
- Spurs Coach on Sweep of Lakers: 'It wasn't a fair fight'
- Tony Parker scores 23 as Spurs Sweep Listless Lakers
- Heat Complete Four-Game Double Digit Sweep of Bucks
- Bulls Outlast Nets in Triple OT for 3-1 Series Lead
- Spurs Hand Lakers Worst-Ever Home Playoff Loss
- Raptors Eyeing Phil Jackson as Head of Basketball Operations
- Grizzlies Dominate Clippers in the Paint to Take Game 3
- Ray Allen Sizzles as Heat Scorch Bucks for 3-0 Lead
- Marc Gasol Named 2013 Defensive Player of the Year
- Cavs Like Mike: Brown Returns for Second Stint
- Bobcats Fire Mike Dunlap After 21-61 Season
- Knicks' J.R. Smith Wins NBA's Sixth Man Honor
- Chris Paul Jumper Carries Clippers to 2-0 Series Lead
- Heat President Pat Riley Says Its Doable to Keep Big 3 Intact
- Balanced Scoring Helps Thunder Defeat Rockets
- Dennis Rodman Projects Himself as FBI Informant, Global Peacemaker
- Duncan's Double-Double Helps Spurs top Lakers in Series Opener
- Paul George Triple-Double Lifts Pacers over Hawks
- Eric Bledsoe Lifts Clippers Past Grizzlies
- Carmelo Anthony Scores 36 as Knicks Defeat Celtics
- 2013 NBA Playoffs Preview: Clippers - Grizzlies Series
- 2013 NBA Playoffs Preview: Bulls - Nets Series
- 2013 NBA Playoffs Preview: Warriors - Nuggets Series
- 2013 NBA Playoffs Preview: Hawks - Pacers Series
- 2013 NBA Playoffs Preview: Rockets - Thunder Series
- 2013 NBA Playoffs Preview: Heat - Bucks Series
- 2013 NBA Playoffs Preview: Lakers - Spurs Series
- 2013 NBA Playoffs Preview: Celtics - Knicks Series
- Kings Ransom? Seattle Group Fears Stern is Siding with Sacramento
- Stoudemire Likely Out for Knicks Opening Playoff Round vs Celtics
- Pistons Fire Lawrence Frank after 29-win Season
- Mike D'Antoni to Remain Lakers Head Coach
- Cavs Fire Byron Scott Following Dismal 24-58 Season
- Phil Jackson Reportedly Wants NBA Front Office Post
- Michigan's Tim Hardaway Jr Opts for NBA Draft
- Quentin Richardson Fortifies Knicks for Playoffs
- Oklahoma State's Marcus Smart Puts NBA on Hold
- Spurs Sign Tracy McGrady
- Kentucky's Nerlens Noel Joins 2013 NBA Draft
- Georgetown Forward Otto Porter to Enter NBA Draft