Why You're Not Reaching Your Goals And What To Do About It
What's a million dollar idea worth? Not much. Unlike most things, the value of an idea is not inherent to the idea, but is a function of the owner of the idea. A cello in my hands is worth very little, but a cello in
I want you to write this down and stick it on the fridge, on your dashboard and in your bathroom. The formula for achieving anything is blindingly simple:
THINK + START + FINISH = ACHIEVEMENT
The first stage is to think. What do you want to achieve? What are your goals? What's that one thing you've been dreaming of doing for years? All great things start with an idea. Whether you know it or not, you have ideas, goals and dreams that are coiled up just waiting to be discovered. It's been said that Americans spend more time planning their summer vacation than they do planning their retirement. My guess is we spend more time going to the bathroom each day than we spend each month focused on our goals/future.
Nothing starts and nothing is achieved without first a thought, a spark, a mental itch. Even if you feel stuck or have no idea what you want from life, your job is to THINK for just a few minutes a day. Warning: Coming up with ideas and goals is a lot of fun, but because it's easy and takes little effort, this is where most people stop. To achieve, you can't stop here; you must ...
Ideas and goals are powerful because they create potential energy. In order to unleash this potential energy into movement, you must START. This is a critical step because it requires action in order to turn the ethereal into the tangible. If your goal is to start a business, at some point you need to get out of your head and take action. Once you've designed your exercise program, you need to dust off your sneakers and START. If you've determined that the best way to make more money is by going back to school, then you need to START by registering and attending class.
The START stage is exciting because the release of potential energy into action can be euphoric. For the first time in maybe a long time, you may feel a sense of direction and accomplishment, but as important as it is to START, it's not enough. In order to reach your goals, you must ...
This is where champions are made, goals are reached and lives are enriched. Having the idea to write a book is inspiring. Sitting down at the computer and cranking out a few pages is encouraging. But only actually holding a completed manuscript in your hands is fulfilling. When you FINISH, you've fully converted an idea's potential energy into kinetic energy.
Most people START, but few FINISH.
Not convinced? If you trace back all of your proudest accomplishments, you'll find that they all started with a thought, which lead to action, which lead to achievement. Want to be a dreamer? THINK. Want to be a doer? START. Want to be an achiever? FINISH.
Available at Amazon.com:
- Why You're Not Reaching Your Goals And What To Do About It
- Boost Your Energy with Time-Shifting
- The Secret to Doing Your Best Work Effortlessly
- Introvert's Guide to Self-Disclosure
- Can-Do Entrepreneurs Move Beyond Can't-Do Government
- 4 Steps To Becoming a Multitasking Master
- How to Answer 'What Do You Do?'
- How to Start a Business for Free
- Solution-Focused Questions: The Secret to Success
- A New Wave of Entrepreneurs
- 5 Tips for Becoming an Entrepreneur in Retirement
- Starting a Business: Focus on Profits Not Popularity
- A Revolutionary New Way to Learn
- Give Up the Quick Fix
- Invest in Me, Inc.
- The Power of Persuasion: Food Marketing Really Does Work
- When Success Doesn't Come Fast Enough
- The Right Job at the Right Time
- Skimps and Splurges for Starting a Business
- Unique MBA Programs Build Leadership Skills
- Business Schools Add New Entrepreneur Programs for MBA Students
- Why Start-ups Could Make or Break the Job Recovery
- Launching Your Own Business After Age 50
- Behind the 'Mompreneur' Myth
- Creative Ways to Combine Work & Family
- Rules to Reduce Risk When Starting a Small Business
- Banking Laws Leave Small Business Vulnerable to Internet Fraud
- Small-Business Tax Breaks in 2010
- Kick-Starting a Small Business of Your Own
- When to Make a Personal Course Correction
- Perils of Running a Business From Home
- Small Businesses Hold on Despite Economy
- Entrepreneurship Is the New Retirement: 10 great places to start your own business
- 10 Great Places for Entrepreneurs to Retire: Jump in Start-ups Led by Baby Boomers
- Entrepreneur: 6 Tips for Starting a Small Business After Age 50
- The Failure Myth Revisited
- It's the Right Time to be an Entrepreneur
- Midlife Entrepreneurs: How One Entrepreneur Decided to Take the Leap
Entrepreneur - Why You're Not Reaching Your Goals And What To Do About It
(c) 2010 Robert Pagliarini