The Numbers Behind Google's Online Empire
By Felix Richter (Statista)
Here's a rare glimpse at some numbers behind Google’s vast online offerings
The recent opening keynote at Google I/O offered us a rare glimpse at some numbers behind the company’s vast online offerings.
Among other things, CEO Sundar Pichai revealed that more than two billion Android devices are actively used around the world and that six of Google’s services have reached over 1 billion users.
The numbers, summed up in the chart below, along with recent product/service introductions (e.g. Google Home or Google Lens) illustrate the company’s ongoing efforts to move beyond search. As web usage continues to shift away from PCs and mobile browsers to apps and even voice-activated devices, people may not rely on Google search as much as they used to going forward. Considering that search advertising is still the company’s main source of revenue, it would be careless for Google not to cover all bases.
- India Eases Up on Apple
- World's Most Valuable Business Brands
- America's Favorite Brands
- The Numbers Behind Google's Online Empire
- The iPhone Price Index
- Number of Bitcoin ATMs by Country
- AT&T Unveils New TV Streaming Service
- Alcohol & Sport: A Match Made In Heaven
- Plenty of Dough in Online Food Delivery
- Taxi Driver Earnings Compared To Uber
- How Apple's New Products Measure Up
- Bigger AT&T Is the Last Thing We Need
- Wells Fargo is Rotting from the Top Down
- Female CEOs Earn Much Less Than Their Male Counterparts
- The Highest-Paid CEOs
- More Chobani Capitalism, Please
- Better Labels, Better Food
- The Big Banks Can Be Beaten
- Putting Free Speech Out to Pasture
- China Closes the Innovation Gap
- Crime Can Pay if It's Big Enough
- The Good Food Movement Needs Science, Too
- How Buffett Became a Billionaire
Business: "The Numbers Behind Google's Online Empire"