Plenty of Dough in Online Food Delivery
By Niall McCarthy
Revenues from online food ordering and deliveries expected to rise
Back in the day, when you came home from a long day at work to an empty fridge, your options were limited. Sure, you could order a Pizza (again) but there was hardly a way to satisfy your cravings for more exotic food options.
These days, it's hard to think of a meal that you couldn't order online and have delivered to your doorstep within the hour, that is if you live in an urban area.
As the following chart based on data from Statista's Digital Market Outlook shows, online food delivery is already a billion-dollar market and one that is poised for rapid growth over the next few years. Our analysts expect the U.S. market to grow to nearly $40 billion in annual revenue by 2021, up from $13 billion this year.
The infographic chart above provides a forecast of online food delivery revenues in selected markets.
- Number of Bitcoin ATMs by Country
- AT&T Unveils New TV Streaming Service
- Alcohol & Sport: A Match Made In Heaven
- Plenty of Dough in Online Food Delivery
- Most Holiday Shopping Happens In December
- How Holiday Shoppers Decide Where to Buy
- E-Commerce Spending in Perspective
- Taxi Driver Earnings Compared To Uber
- Apple's First Annual Sales Decline in 15 Years
- How Apple's New Products Measure Up
- Bigger AT&T Is the Last Thing We Need
- Wells Fargo is Rotting from the Top Down
- The Stumpf Banking System
- Female CEOs Earn Much Less Than Their Male Counterparts
- The Highest-Paid CEOs
- The Most Valuable Public Company in Every State
- Is Tim Cook's Apple Past Its Peak?
- Companies That Might Disappear in 2017
- More Chobani Capitalism, Please
- Better Labels, Better Food
- The Big Banks Can Be Beaten
- Putting Free Speech Out to Pasture
- The 50 Best Investments
- China Closes the Innovation Gap
- Companies Stockpiling the Most Profit Overseas
- Oil's Downfall Aided by Rise of Fracking
- The Richest Banks
- Crime Can Pay if It's Big Enough
- The Good Food Movement Needs Science, Too
- How Buffett Became a Billionaire
- The Most Successful Companies Founded Since 1944
- Big Pharma Killed Medicine
- Corporate Power Doesn't Always Win
- Wall Street Should Pay a Sales Tax, Too
Business: "Plenty of Dough in Online Food Delivery"