Taxi Driver Earnings Compared To Uber
By Niall McCarthy
How the estimated hourly earnings of Uber drivers compare to taxi drivers and chauffeurs in major U.S. cities.
The number of Uber drivers across the United States has exploded in recent years, with people signing up in droves due to the flexibility and simplicity offered by the service. In major U.S. cities, Uber drivers are outearning their counterparts driving taxis by considerable margins, according to a report released by the National Bureau of Economic Research.
How do Uber drivers' earnings compare to taxi drivers in major U.S. cities?
There are considerable differences in earnings by city with San Francisco proving the most lucrative city for Uber drivers. Estimated net earnings per hour in San Francisco come to $23.87, compared to just $12.96 for taxi drivers and chauffeurs. New York is another city where Uber drivers can earn good money, with net hourly earnings amounting to $23.69. Again, they outearn taxi and chauffeur drivers who make just $12.54 every hour.
The report makes the point that Uber drivers tend to earn more in cities where taxi and chaffeur drivers also tend to earn more. However, it is important to note that expenses incurred by Uber drivers such as gasoline and insurance cover are not reimbursed and are not included in the figures above. An Uber driver working full time with a medium sedan can expect to incur an hourly expense of $4.79 while employed taxi drivers generally have their costs covered by their company.
- Number of Bitcoin ATMs by Country
- AT&T Unveils New TV Streaming Service
- Alcohol & Sport: A Match Made In Heaven
- Plenty of Dough in Online Food Delivery
- Most Holiday Shopping Happens In December
- How Holiday Shoppers Decide Where to Buy
- E-Commerce Spending in Perspective
- Taxi Driver Earnings Compared To Uber
- Apple's First Annual Sales Decline in 15 Years
- How Apple's New Products Measure Up
- Bigger AT&T Is the Last Thing We Need
- Wells Fargo is Rotting from the Top Down
- The Stumpf Banking System
- Female CEOs Earn Much Less Than Their Male Counterparts
- The Highest-Paid CEOs
- The Most Valuable Public Company in Every State
- Is Tim Cook's Apple Past Its Peak?
- Companies That Might Disappear in 2017
- More Chobani Capitalism, Please
- Better Labels, Better Food
- The Big Banks Can Be Beaten
- Putting Free Speech Out to Pasture
- The 50 Best Investments
- China Closes the Innovation Gap
- Companies Stockpiling the Most Profit Overseas
- Oil's Downfall Aided by Rise of Fracking
- The Richest Banks
- Crime Can Pay if It's Big Enough
- The Good Food Movement Needs Science, Too
- How Buffett Became a Billionaire
- The Most Successful Companies Founded Since 1944
- Big Pharma Killed Medicine
- Corporate Power Doesn't Always Win
- Wall Street Should Pay a Sales Tax, Too
Business: "Taxi Driver Earnings Compared To Uber "