Americans Taking More Time Off
By Dyfed Loesche (Statista)
After two decades of almost steady decline the average number of vacation days has risen.
The United States, unlike many other industrialized countries, has no statuary agreement on taking paid vacation. Meaning: There is no law telling employers the minimum number of days they need to give their employees off work - that are also paid for.
However, Project:Time Off, which is sponsored by the U.S. Travel Association, has good news: After two decades of almost steady decline the average days of vacation have risen by 0.6 days year-over-year to 16.8 days in 2016.
"Despite this encouraging sign, taking time off continues to be a challenge in America’s always-on work culture," the authors of the latest report conclude. Still, in 2016, 662 million vacation days were left unused, four million days more than 2015.
Taking time off doesn't just profit the individual workers who is said to become more productive after being able to recharge their batteries. According to the project's estimates, "the jump in vacation usage from 16.2 to 16.8 days delivered a $37 billion impact to the U.S. economy."
The chart above shows the average vacation days Americans use per year since 1978
- How to Make Working from Home Productive and Liberating
- How to Find Your Influence Style and Influence Others
- How to Get Focused at Work
- Who's Freelancing in America?
- The World's Best Employers
- Threatening Behavior At Work
- Physical Demands Of The Workplace
- The Best-Paid Jobs Requiring No Bachelor's Degree
- The Next Big IT Career: Data Analytics
- To Work With a Degree
- The 10 Most Common Bad Boss Traits
- Americans Taking More Time Off
- America's Best Large Employers
- How to Create Workplace Happiness
- Work and Mens Health
- Pros & Cons of the Gig Economy
- The Fastest Disappearing Jobs
- Britain's Gender Pay Gap Starts at Early Age
- The Best Jobs for Independent People
- The Creepiest Occupations
- Taxi Driver Earnings Compared To Uber
- Gagging on the Gig Economy
- Work-From-Home Tricks to Keep You Sane
- Social Media Can Keep You From Getting Hired
- 5 Stunningly Simple Secrets To Creating The Career You Want
Article: Copyright © 2018
"Americans Taking More Time Off"