The Fastest Disappearing Jobs
By Niall McCarthy (Statista)
Which American jobs are disappearing the fastest? This chart shows the projected decline in employment in U.S. jobs by 2024
A long list of U.S. jobs are being rendered obsolete by technological advancements and automation. Which workers are most at risk?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, locomotive firer is the job set to shrink the most over the coming decade. A locomotive firer is responsible for monitoring instruments on trains as well as watching for signals and dragging equipment. The workforce is small, numbering 1,700 in 2014. By 2024, however, that is going to decrease even further to just 500, a decline of 70 percent.
Motor vehicle electionic equipment installers and repairers are also set to see their ranks decimated by 2024. 11,500 of them were employed in the U.S. in 2014 and a decade later, that is expected to fall sharply to 5,800. Telephone operators are the third most endangered profession in America with their numbers expected to drop 42.4 percent by 2024.
- How to Make Working from Home Productive and Liberating
- How to Find Your Influence Style and Influence Others
- How to Get Focused at Work
- Who's Freelancing in America?
- The World's Best Employers
- Threatening Behavior At Work
- Physical Demands Of The Workplace
- The Best-Paid Jobs Requiring No Bachelor's Degree
- The Next Big IT Career: Data Analytics
- To Work With a Degree
- The 10 Most Common Bad Boss Traits
- Americans Taking More Time Off
- America's Best Large Employers
- How to Create Workplace Happiness
- Work and Mens Health
- Pros & Cons of the Gig Economy
- The Fastest Disappearing Jobs
- Britain's Gender Pay Gap Starts at Early Age
- The Best Jobs for Independent People
- The Creepiest Occupations
- Taxi Driver Earnings Compared To Uber
- Gagging on the Gig Economy
- Work-From-Home Tricks to Keep You Sane
- Social Media Can Keep You From Getting Hired
- 5 Stunningly Simple Secrets To Creating The Career You Want
Article: Copyright © 2018
"The Fastest Disappearing Jobs"