Threatening Behavior At Work
By Niall McCarthy (Statista)
How often do American workers experience abuse & harassment? This chart shows the share of U.S. workers who have been subjected to abuse and harassment.
A new report from the RAND Corporation has examined the physical and emotional impact of the modern U.S. workplace.
It found that while some workers have to deal with physical exertion, many jobs also have a serious emotional impact on employees.
Bullying, violence and harassment are all serious problems in American working environments, though thankfully, only a minority of workers have had the misfortune to experience them.
Over the past month, 13 percent of men and 12 percent of women had to put up with verbal abuse at work. Over the last 12 months, 9.6 percent of men and 11 percent of women experienced bullying or harassment. Perhaps unsurprisingly, women are far more likely to endure unwanted sexual attention than men. According to RAND, just under 5 percent of U.S. woman experienced some form of unwanted sexual attention in the workplace over the past month.
- How to Make Working from Home Productive and Liberating
- How to Find Your Influence Style and Influence Others
- How to Get Focused at Work
- Who's Freelancing in America?
- The World's Best Employers
- Threatening Behavior At Work
- Physical Demands Of The Workplace
- The Best-Paid Jobs Requiring No Bachelor's Degree
- The Next Big IT Career: Data Analytics
- To Work With a Degree
- The 10 Most Common Bad Boss Traits
- Americans Taking More Time Off
- America's Best Large Employers
- How to Create Workplace Happiness
- Work and Mens Health
- Pros & Cons of the Gig Economy
- The Fastest Disappearing Jobs
- Britain's Gender Pay Gap Starts at Early Age
- The Best Jobs for Independent People
- The Creepiest Occupations
- Taxi Driver Earnings Compared To Uber
- Gagging on the Gig Economy
- Work-From-Home Tricks to Keep You Sane
- Social Media Can Keep You From Getting Hired
- 5 Stunningly Simple Secrets To Creating The Career You Want
Article: Copyright © 2018
"Threatening Behavior At Work"