America's Best Large Employers
By Niall McCarthy (Statista)
Which U.S. companies and organizations offer their employees the very best deal? Statista, in partnership with Forbes, decided to find out. 30,000 workers
30,000 workers at U.S. companies, nonprofit institutions, government agencies, and U.S. divisions of multinationals were asked to evaluate their employers in terms of atmosphere, remuneration, working conditions and other factors. The following question was also central to the survey: how likely would the respondents be to recommend their employer to a friend or family member on a scale of 0-10?
Costco spent the last two years in the top 5 but this year, the company grabbed top spot with a score of 9.58 out of 10. Costco is the second largest retailer worldwide after Walmart and it has a 143,000 strong workforce in the U.S.. One of its more notable perks is insurance coverage for its part-time workers. Google is famous for its perks and benefits and the search engine giant comes a close second in this year's ranking. The top three was rounded off by outdoor retailer REI who appeared in the ranking for the very first time with a score of 9.53. You can browse the full ranking on Forbes.com here.
The chart above shows the top 10 U.S. employers as rated by employees on a scale of 0-10 in 2017.
- How to Make Working from Home Productive and Liberating
- How to Find Your Influence Style and Influence Others
- How to Get Focused at Work
- Who's Freelancing in America?
- The World's Best Employers
- Threatening Behavior At Work
- Physical Demands Of The Workplace
- The Best-Paid Jobs Requiring No Bachelor's Degree
- The Next Big IT Career: Data Analytics
- To Work With a Degree
- The 10 Most Common Bad Boss Traits
- Americans Taking More Time Off
- America's Best Large Employers
- How to Create Workplace Happiness
- Work and Mens Health
- Pros & Cons of the Gig Economy
- The Fastest Disappearing Jobs
- Britain's Gender Pay Gap Starts at Early Age
- The Best Jobs for Independent People
- The Creepiest Occupations
- Taxi Driver Earnings Compared To Uber
- Gagging on the Gig Economy
- Work-From-Home Tricks to Keep You Sane
- Social Media Can Keep You From Getting Hired
- 5 Stunningly Simple Secrets To Creating The Career You Want
Article: Copyright © 2018
"America's Best Large Employers"