Be a Green Teen
Girl World Daily
Be a Green Teen
Being a BFF to the environment isn’t always about rallying for big global changes. You can tweak simple things in your day-to-day drill to help save the environment. Get with the green routine!
Good Morning, Sunshine!
- When you wake up, don’t reach for the light switch. Let the sunlight in.
- Don’t linger in the shower. Cutting just two minutes saves gallons of water, plus the fuel it takes to heat the H2O.
- Don’t scrimp on brushing your teeth, but shut the water off while you’re doing it.
- Is your school close (and safe) enough to bike or walk there? Good exercise and kind to the planet.
The Lunch Bunch
- After your lunch is perfectly prepped, put it in an eco-friendly reusable bag.
- While you’re at it, ditch the sandwich baggies. They don’t biodegrade, so try a plastic container you can use again and again.
- Toss used cans or bottles into a recycling bin. No recycling program in your school? Make it happen!
- Homework? Use scrap paper when possible before you recycle it. It’s perfect for working out math probs or printing your history rough draft on the unused side.
- When your computer is at rest, nix the screensaver, which is an energy waster.
- No. 1 rule? If you’re aren’t using it, shut it off. Do you really need three lights on and the TV as background noise?
What’s for Dinner?
- Go veggie once week. Turns out, the meat-producing process is tough on the environment.
- Switch to cloth napkins -- classy.
- Don’t run the dishwasher unless it’s full. If yours has an energy-saver mode, use it.
- You do dishes the old-fashioned way? Don’t leave the water running while you’re washin’. Fill the basin, scrub away the ick, then rinse.
Into the Night
- If you like to read before bed, use a fluorescent bulb. It lasts 10 times longer than a regular bulb and uses 65 percent less energy.
- Shut off your computer, TV and radio. Better yet, unplug all electronics. Standby mode uses up lots of unnecessary energy.
- Layer up so you can turn down the heat. Lights out!
Available at Amazon.com:
Read the latest political news.
- Be a Green Teen
- 6 Ways You're Wasting Water Right Now
- Better H2O at Home
- Democrats Use Oil Spill to Spur Environmental Bills
- Obama Slow on Global Warming Legislation
- The War on Weeds
- Restraining the Profit Itch
- Advocates Hope Oil Spill Will Push Climate Bill Forward
- Beyond Petroleum
- Ancient Oceans Now Endangered Oceans
- BP Oil Spill: The Nightmare Becomes Reality
- BP Gulf Oil Spill Could Spur Energy Bill
- Senate Challenge to EPA Climate Change Authority
- Sinking 'Climate Change'
- BP Gulf Oil Spill: No-Win Situation for President Obama
- Obama's Katrina - The Politics of It Is Oily
- Stuck in the Oil Spill
- Who Runs America's Response to the Oil Blowout?
- Political Fallout of the BP Gulf Oil Spill
- Obama's BP Gulf Oil Spill Nightmare
- BP Oil Spill: And a Child Shall Lead Them
- Congress Looks for Answers After Gulf Oil Spill
- Gulf Oil Spill Has High Stakes for Obama
Be a Green Teen | Environment
Copyright © 2010 Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.