Terror attacks on Charlie Hebdo, the Jewish Museum in Brussels, Madrid commuter trains, and now the latest in Paris all have links to one Brussels neighbourhood. Molenbeek has a diverse immigrant population and suffers from high unemployment- some 40 percent of young people there are out of work. It also has sent a higher proportion of its residents to fight in Syria than anywhere else in Europe.
Click to Watch:
Available at Amazon.com:
- Would Churchill Have Voted for Brexit?
- Catalonia: Democracy, Legality and the EU's Role
- The Rise and Fall of Europe: Unity and Challenge
- Europe's Crisis Starts at Home
- The Fallacies of the Cyprus 'Problem'
- Germany: Return of the GroKo
- Can Europe Sustain the Macron Moment?
- The Resilience of Spanish Democracy
- The Birthplace of Trumpism
- Britain Faces a Brave New World After Brexit
- What Ireland Can Teach Europe
- Who Feels EU Membership Has Paid Off?
- Catalonia's Tumultuous Referendum
- Satisfaction Levels Around Europe
- Europe's Busiest Airports
- Putin's Russia in Biggest Arctic Military Push Since Soviet Fall
- Putin's Approval Rating High Despite Protests
- Russian Attitudes Towards Corruption
- Britain's Gender Pay Gap Starts at Early Age
- Brexit Effect On Women's Rights Under Scrutiny
- Octogenarian Italian Feeds the Poor with Food Waste
- Lone Migrant Children Arriving in Italy by Sea Doubles
- Greek Island Refugee Camp A Place Without Human Dignity
- Greece On Track For 2018 Surplus Target
- Greece Hopes Lenders Will Drop Austerity Demands
- Greek Debt Manageable
- Greece Bids Farewell to Mitsotakis
- Lloyds Named Britain's Best LGBT Employer
- Euro Zone Economy Steams Ahead
- Hollande Warns of American 'Populism'
- Whither Belgian Beer? Rise Of U.S. Brews Hurting Old World Craft
- The Rise of Young Asylum Seekers in Europe
- Emmanuel Macron's Landslide Win
- Populism's Call
- Instability, Quagmire, & Peace
- Greek Islanders Rely on Volunteers & God
- UK Politics: Jeremy Corbyn on the Rise
- UK Election: Dis-May-Ed
- May's Snap Election Gamble Backfires
Europe: "There Has Been Too Much Tolerance for Too Long"