Russian officials say they have evidence that the plane that crashed in Egypt last month was downed by a bomb, the first time those investigating the crash have cited proof of terrorist involvement.
Click to Watch:
Abaaoud joined the Islamic State in Syria in 2013, where he became one of the most active Islamic State executioners, RTL radio in France said. According to Belgian media, Abaaoud also recruited his own 14-year-old brother, Younes Abaaoud, who is believed to be one of the Islamic State's youngest fighters.
A new police operation was underway in Molenbeek this morning, while in France police conducted 168 raids overnight and placed 104 people under house arrest. Abaaoud however is thought to be in Syria at the moment.
In the meantime, following French airstrikes in Syria, the Islamic State warned in a new propaganda video that countries supporting France will share the same fate. According to Vice News, Washington D.C. is among the group's new targets, a speaker in the video said.
Available at Amazon.com:
- Would Churchill Have Voted for Brexit?
- Catalonia: Democracy, Legality and the EU's Role
- The Rise and Fall of Europe: Unity and Challenge
- Europe's Crisis Starts at Home
- The Fallacies of the Cyprus 'Problem'
- Germany: Return of the GroKo
- Can Europe Sustain the Macron Moment?
- The Resilience of Spanish Democracy
- The Birthplace of Trumpism
- Britain Faces a Brave New World After Brexit
- What Ireland Can Teach Europe
- Who Feels EU Membership Has Paid Off?
- Catalonia's Tumultuous Referendum
- Satisfaction Levels Around Europe
- Europe's Busiest Airports
- Putin's Russia in Biggest Arctic Military Push Since Soviet Fall
- Putin's Approval Rating High Despite Protests
- Russian Attitudes Towards Corruption
- Britain's Gender Pay Gap Starts at Early Age
- Brexit Effect On Women's Rights Under Scrutiny
- Octogenarian Italian Feeds the Poor with Food Waste
- Lone Migrant Children Arriving in Italy by Sea Doubles
- Greek Island Refugee Camp A Place Without Human Dignity
- Greece On Track For 2018 Surplus Target
- Greece Hopes Lenders Will Drop Austerity Demands
- Greek Debt Manageable
- Greece Bids Farewell to Mitsotakis
- Lloyds Named Britain's Best LGBT Employer
- Euro Zone Economy Steams Ahead
- Hollande Warns of American 'Populism'
- Whither Belgian Beer? Rise Of U.S. Brews Hurting Old World Craft
- The Rise of Young Asylum Seekers in Europe
- Emmanuel Macron's Landslide Win
- Populism's Call
- Instability, Quagmire, & Peace
- Greek Islanders Rely on Volunteers & God
- UK Politics: Jeremy Corbyn on the Rise
- UK Election: Dis-May-Ed
- May's Snap Election Gamble Backfires
Europe: "Russia Says Egypt Plane Crash Was a 'Terrorist Act'"