UK Politics: Jeremy Corbyn on the Rise
By Martin Armstrong (Statista)
Jeremy Corbyn is on the rise. This chart shows the results of surveys asking which candidate would make the best UK Prime Minister in 2017.
It's hard to say if it is due to Theresa May's ineptitude during the election campaign, or the public actually warming to Jeremy Corbyn, but since May called her seemingly cut and dried snap election in April, the Labour leader has experienced an incredible turnaround in popularity.
Two months ago, a YouGov poll showed that a mere 15 percent of Brits thought that Corbyn would make a better Prime Minister than May. Flash forward to the latest poll, conducted immediately after May's calamitous election, and he has drawn level with the incumbent leader -- both on 39 percent -- representing a fall of 15 points for May and a spectacular rise of 24 for Corbyn.
- Would Churchill Have Voted for Brexit?
- Catalonia: Democracy, Legality and the EU's Role
- The Rise and Fall of Europe: Unity and Challenge
- Europe's Crisis Starts at Home
- The Fallacies of the Cyprus 'Problem'
- Germany: Return of the GroKo
- Can Europe Sustain the Macron Moment?
- The Resilience of Spanish Democracy
- The Birthplace of Trumpism
- Britain Faces a Brave New World After Brexit
- What Ireland Can Teach Europe
- Who Feels EU Membership Has Paid Off?
- Catalonia's Tumultuous Referendum
- Satisfaction Levels Around Europe
- Europe's Busiest Airports
- Putin's Russia in Biggest Arctic Military Push Since Soviet Fall
- Putin's Approval Rating High Despite Protests
- Russian Attitudes Towards Corruption
- Britain's Gender Pay Gap Starts at Early Age
- Brexit Effect On Women's Rights Under Scrutiny
- Octogenarian Italian Feeds the Poor with Food Waste
- Lone Migrant Children Arriving in Italy by Sea Doubles
- Greek Island Refugee Camp A Place Without Human Dignity
- Greece On Track For 2018 Surplus Target
- Greece Hopes Lenders Will Drop Austerity Demands
- Greek Debt Manageable
- Greece Bids Farewell to Mitsotakis
- Lloyds Named Britain's Best LGBT Employer
- Euro Zone Economy Steams Ahead
- Hollande Warns of American 'Populism'
- Whither Belgian Beer? Rise Of U.S. Brews Hurting Old World Craft
- The Rise of Young Asylum Seekers in Europe
- Emmanuel Macron's Landslide Win
- Populism's Call
- Instability, Quagmire, & Peace
- Greek Islanders Rely on Volunteers & God
- UK Politics: Jeremy Corbyn on the Rise
- UK Election: Dis-May-Ed
- May's Snap Election Gamble Backfires
Europe: "UK Politics: Jeremy Corbyn on the Rise"