Which EU Countries Deport The Most People?
Most non-EU citizens ordered to leave member states and share of total orders
In Europe, freedom of movement has resulted in much debate and proved one of the primary reasons people in the United Kingdom voted in favour of Brexit. Recently, the European Union released figures showing how many non-EU citizens received deportation orders from member states in 2015.
Greece served the most, 104,576. Even before Brexit, the United Kingdom was one of the top-three nations in Europe for ordering non EU-citizens to leave with 70,020 orders issued last year. It is important to note that being issued with a deportation order does not guarantee deportation. Some people decide to leave voluntarily while others cut contact with their respective immigration authorities.
The chart above shows non-EU citizens ordered to leave member states and share of total orders in 2015.
- Would Churchill Have Voted for Brexit?
- Catalonia: Democracy, Legality and the EU's Role
- The Rise and Fall of Europe: Unity and Challenge
- Europe's Crisis Starts at Home
- The Fallacies of the Cyprus 'Problem'
- Germany: Return of the GroKo
- Can Europe Sustain the Macron Moment?
- The Resilience of Spanish Democracy
- The Birthplace of Trumpism
- Britain Faces a Brave New World After Brexit
- What Ireland Can Teach Europe
- Who Feels EU Membership Has Paid Off?
- Catalonia's Tumultuous Referendum
- Satisfaction Levels Around Europe
- Europe's Busiest Airports
- Putin's Russia in Biggest Arctic Military Push Since Soviet Fall
- Putin's Approval Rating High Despite Protests
- Russian Attitudes Towards Corruption
- Britain's Gender Pay Gap Starts at Early Age
- Brexit Effect On Women's Rights Under Scrutiny
- Octogenarian Italian Feeds the Poor with Food Waste
- Lone Migrant Children Arriving in Italy by Sea Doubles
- Greek Island Refugee Camp A Place Without Human Dignity
- Greece On Track For 2018 Surplus Target
- Greece Hopes Lenders Will Drop Austerity Demands
- Greek Debt Manageable
- Greece Bids Farewell to Mitsotakis
- Lloyds Named Britain's Best LGBT Employer
- Euro Zone Economy Steams Ahead
- Hollande Warns of American 'Populism'
- Whither Belgian Beer? Rise Of U.S. Brews Hurting Old World Craft
- The Rise of Young Asylum Seekers in Europe
- Emmanuel Macron's Landslide Win
- Populism's Call
- Instability, Quagmire, & Peace
- Greek Islanders Rely on Volunteers & God
- UK Politics: Jeremy Corbyn on the Rise
- UK Election: Dis-May-Ed
- May's Snap Election Gamble Backfires
Europe: "Which EU Countries Deport The Most People?"