Get Moving With a New Fitness Gadget
Nike + Sport Band
Need a little help getting motivated to exercise? Here are three new tools that will help keep your workout fun and fresh all winter long and beyond.
Nike + Sport Band
This bracelet-shaped device that you wear while running or walking communicates with a sensor in your sneaker to track your distance, pace, calories burned and time.
Why I love it:
It’s simple to use, readable, affordable and sturdy. Plus, I can download my workouts to online charts and access Nike’s motivational community boards.
Where to find it: Amazon.com: Nike + SportBand
Bodylastic Strength Bands
These stretchy tubes with handles can exercise every possible body part.
Why I love them:
Last year I paid for a 12-month gym membership even though I knew that, come spring, I'd prefer to exercise outside. So this year I’m opting for this low-cost home gym. Bonus: I never have to wait for a machine or waste gas money. And I enjoy the daily live streaming workouts online.
Where to find it: Amazon.com: Bodylastics Resistance Bands
Even if you do exercise, a sedentary job can take a heavy toll on your overall activity level. This clip-on device tracks your daily activity and creates a gentle vibration that reminds you to get up and move, bringing your metabolism back from the brink of hibernation (where it can go if you sit still for more than a mere 40 minutes). Online charts track hourly activity levels and update doable weekly goals.
Why I love it:
It kept me active even when I broke my ankle and had to wear a walking cast!
Where to find it: Amazon.com: The Gruve Personal Activity Monitor
Maggie Spilner is the author of three books on walking for health and fitness including the Complete Book of Walking and was Prevention magazine's walking editor and club director for 17 years.
Available at Amazon.com:
- Get Moving With a New Fitness Gadget
- 5 Ways to Fire up Your Metabolism
- 7 Shocking Weight-loss Myths
- Get Back on Track
- Make Life-changing Resolutions a Reality
- The Stubborn Belly-fat Solution
- Lose Weight Faster With Mushrooms
- High-tech Help for Weight Loss
- Yoga Does the Body and Mind Good
- Do You Sit Too Much?
- Maximize Your Morning Energy
- Your Mini Work Workout
- Beat Winter: How to Exercise in the Cold
- Get a Jump on Your Fitness with Plyometrics
- Easy Workout Routines to Boost Your Mood
- Are You Exercising Hard Enough?
- Up Your Metabolic Rate with Weights
- Dance Yourself Happy: Why Swinging Your Body Lifts Your Spirit
- How to Get Cardio and Weight Training in 20 minutes
- Gyrotonic: Fitness That's Fun
- The Right Kind of Yoga for You
- Plan to Ski or Snowboard? Strengthen up Now
- Can Crash Diets Be a Good Way to Lose Weight?
- How to Prevent Sports Injuries
- Normal Weight Obesity - A Growing Concern
- The Low-down on Energy Drinks
- The Food Un-coma
- What's the Best Weight-loss Diet?
- Spot the Difference: Sore Muscles vs. Muscle Injury
- Adults at Forefront of Bicycle Boom
- Stone Age Diet Surprisingly Good For a Healthy Life Today
- Fibromyalgia Symptoms Improve With Tai Chi
- The Best Fall Sport for Cardio
- Banish Belly Fat
- Prescription for Better Health: Go Alfresco?
- Suspension Workouts
- Drink Up! Avoiding Dehydration
- Keep Your Athletes Hydrated On and Off the Field
- How to Lose Weight Safely
- Colleges Joining Effort to Turn Around Skyrocketing Obesity Rates
- Milk: When the First Food May Be the Best Food
- How Morning Exercise Can Boost Your Career
- Lose the Weight and Not the Energy
- Stress-busting Walking Workout
- Detox Light
- Wean Yourself Off Processed Foods in 7 Steps
- Buff up Your Back-to-School Body
- Debunking Detox Diets
- Real Shortcuts to Your Dream Body
- Exercise for Kids: 5 Tips for Parents
- 5 Ways to Exercise Safely in the Heat
- Exercise Your Body and Brain
- Winning Water-sport Workouts
- Fit Exercise Into Your Life
- Conquer the Biggest Mud Runs
- Traveling Light: Healthy Eating for Business Junketeers
- Better Ways to Get Your Produce
- Key Foods and Nutrients Especially Beneficial to Your Health
- Healthy Snacks for Energy
- Maximum Fitness: CrossFit Training
- Is Hefty the New Healthy?
- Aerobics Without Heartburn
- Nature's Gym: Exercising Outdoors
- A Lean Mean Stay-fit Exercise Routine
- Take the Work Out of Workout
- Middle-Age Spread and How to Avoid It
- Fiber and Weight Loss: Learn the Secrets
- Weighing the Evidence on 6 Popular Diet Programs
- Regular Exercise Helps Protect Aging Brains
- Lose Weight and Look Great This Summer
- Easy Exercises You Can Do At Home
- Flat Abs for Heartburn Sufferers
- Green Fitness
- How Many Crunches are Enough
- Fit Your Bike For the Perfect Ride
- Is Boot Camp for You?
- After-meal Workout
- Go From Stick to Thick
- Feeling Fatigued? Try Exercise!
- Sports Injuries: Many Preventable & Most Respond Well to Treatment
- Are You Fit or Fat?
- Tai Chi: Secret to Health and Well-being
- Fitness: Walk the Nordic Way
- Fitness: Workout With Your Better Half
Copyright © 2011 Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.