Boost Your Energy - No Caffeine Needed!
Tired of feeling tired all day? Just follow the tips below and you'll be well on your way to a peppier outlook -- no coffee, tea, or energy drinks needed!
Put a spring in your step the natural way with our six healthy (and super easy-to-implement) lifestyle changes.
Make breakfast count
Don't even think about skipping your morning meal, say nutritional experts. But do forgo the sugary cereals and toasted white bread. Instead, make sure your first choice of the day is a healthy one by including protein-rich foods, such as scrambled eggs or Greek yogurt, and whole-grain cereals or breads. Throw in some fresh fruit and a handful of nuts and you're on your way to a more energized day.
Get moving now
The American Heart Association recommends that healthy adults get 30 minutes of physical activity a day. Even moderate exercise, such as a brisk walk or bike ride, can get your blood flowing and your motivation up. If a half hour seems like an impossibility given your busy schedule, break it up into three 10-minute sessions per day. Taking the stairs, heading out for a quick walk on your lunch break, even lifting hand weights while you watch TV, all count -- and the benefits and results are the same as a full-on workout.
Be mindful not to skip meals, which can lead to overeating later, and keep portions small, particularly at lunchtime, when consuming too many calories can zap late-afternoon alertness. The occasional splurge is fine and even recommended (hello wine and sugary treats), but it's best to stick to a balanced diet of lean proteins and unrefined carbohydrates, such as whole-wheat bread, brown rice, and quinoa, as well as plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, especially leafy greens, to keep energy levels high.
Don't skimp on sleep
Most adults need seven to eight hours of shut-eye to feel their best. If you're not getting the rest you need, try rolling back your tuck-in time by 10 minutes every few nights until you reach your goal. And bear in mind that it's not just the quantity but the quality of sleep that counts: Turn off all electronic devices, make sure your room is cool and dark, and set the stage for a great night's sleep by getting your sheets and pajamas silky soft with a liquid fabric softener like Downy Infusions Sweet Dreams, which is imbued with the soothing scents of lavender, vanilla, and cedar.
Guess what's the fastest, simplest way to feel energized? Water. Experts recommend that adults throw back at least eight 8-ounce glasses of H2O daily. Find yourself forgetting? Place a sticky note on the fridge or your computer screen. And remember: Although coffee, energy drinks, and carbonated sodas may give you a quick energy boost, after a couple of hours you may end up feeling more tired than before.
Easy does it
Don't discount stress: Worrying can sap your energy fast. Experts recommend meditation, walking, yoga, and confiding in friends when your problems seem overwhelming. If you're feeling overworked, prioritizing can help. Make a list of what needs to be done, and then tackle the most pressing chores or assignments first. And delegate, delegate, delegate whenever possible. Volunteering can help take your mind off your worries too, as can having a good laugh -- so skip the dramas and go straight for the comedies.
- Health Tips for Winter Wellness
- America Is Fatter Than Ever
- The Most Sugary Frozen Desserts From 25 Chains
- Burger King's Fattiest Menu Items
- Subway Sandwiches Ranked by Calories
- What You Should Know About America's Gluten-Free Fad
- The Cost of a Trip to the Emergency Room Since 1940
- How Age and Stress Impacts Our Sleep
- Improve Your Sleep Tonight with These 6 Simple Steps
- How Better Health Begins With 'No'
- Kick That Unhealthy Cravings Habit
- Food for Healthy Skin: A Diet For A Glowing Face
- Surprising Sleep Stealers
- What 'Clean Eating' Really Means
- Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water
- 4 Eating Habits You Didn't Know Were Bad
- Eat Like an Italian!
- Sleep Your Way to Better Heart Health
- Reduce Your Exposure to Toxins from Grilled Meats
- Set Yourself Up for Success with Mindful Eating
- Meal Timing to Maintain Weight
- Dandelions: Nature's Mild Diuretic
- Kick the Diet Soda Habit
- Why De-Stressing Matters
- Time to Turn In
- Pillow Talk
- Leafy Green Vegetables Take the Spotlight
- Think Twice Before Giving Up Grains
- Gluten-Free Amaranth for Healthy Variety
- The Best Foods to Control Your Hunger Pangs
- Raisins Raise The Bar on Nutrition
- Rice is Piled High with Health Benefits
- Granola Can Add Important Nutrients to Your Diet
- Stick with Healthy Carbs Over Their Highly-Processed Cousins
- Skim On the Salt to Protect Your Health
- Hot Cereal Sets You Up for a Healthy Day
- Brain-Boosting Diet: Feed Your Brain Mediterranean Foods To Keep Sharp As You Get Older
- Fermented Foods Bubble with Health Benefits
- Eat Well and Live Long
- Cheers to Grape Juice Health
- The Sweet Facts on Stevia
- An Apple a Day
- Strange Health Facts -- Explained
- What's Better: Diet Soda or Regular Soda?
- Eat Well, Walk More, Live Longer
- Slim-Down Summer Foods
Article: Copyright © 2018, Studio One
Health & Wellness "Boost Your Energy - No Caffeine Needed!"