NHL fans hoping to live-stream their rinkside experiences will find themselves out of luck. NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly nixed the idea in a memo, spurred by Meerkat and Periscope users who have broadcast footage from inside NHL arenas 'before, during and after' games. He said in the memo, 'Without limiting the generality of the credential language, any streaming of footage in violation of the NHL's Broadcast Guidelines and Media Access Policy is expressly prohibited.
Click to Watch:
- Periscope and Meerkat Officially Banned by the NHL
- Flames, Capitals Pick Up Huge Wins
- Islanders, Blackhawks Grab Game 3 Wins
- Stanley Cup: Which Canadian Team Has the Best Shot?
- NHL Players Slam Into Each Other More During Playoffs
- Stanley Cup: Top Rookies to Watch
- Who Will Win The Stanley Cup
- Stanley Cup: Time Running Out for Crosby and Ovechkin
- Stanley Cup: Goalie X-Factors
- Stanley Cup: Who Can Stop the Rangers?
- Ovechkin Becomes All-Time Caps' Goal Leader
- #slowmoMonday: Week 25 in the NHL
- GoPro On the Ice: Tyler Seguin
- GoPro On The Ice: Sidney Crosby
- GoPro On the Ice: Kane vs Toews
- GoPro: On the Ice with Henrik Lundqvist
- Early Playoff Exit for Penguins?
- Bruins Grinding Towards Playoffs
- Today's NHL Missing International Flair
- NHL Playoffs Impacted at Trade Deadline?
- Martin Brodeur Decides to Retire
- 10 of the Strangest Goals
- Underrated Players in the NHL
- Will NHL Dynasties Ever Exist?
- Hockey's 'Red Army'
- The Role of Fighting in the NHL
- LA Mayor Eric Garcetti Drops F-Bomb During Kings Celebration
- Days after NHL retirement, Ilya Kovalchuk signs with KHL team
Article: Copyright © 2015, iHaveNet.com
"Periscope and Meerkat Officially Banned by the NHL"