Restock Your Kitchen With Holiday Bargains
The holiday season is the perfect time to stock up on dishes, glasses and cookware because of wide availability, large sets and great prices
The holidays mean lots of time spent in the kitchen preparing holiday meals, hosting get-togethers and working overtime baking and cooking.
It's a special time of year that's enjoyable but makes a lot of demands on our cookware and dishes.
That's what also makes it the perfect time to replace some of the kitchen items you use most during the holidays -- and take advantage of bargains. Here are some suggestions for restocking your kitchen:
Ditch old cookware
Pots and pans often take a beating, and if you've scratched nonstick pans, they should be replaced. Maybe you've always wanted a matching set of cookware. During December, there are terrific buys out there on cookware sets. Put a shiny new set on your gift list, or pick one up at a good price before you start cooking all those lavish holiday meals.
Entertain with flair
Because this is prime entertaining season, there are a wide variety of serving dishes to choose from now. From festive spreading knives to tiered appetizer stands, stock up to make your holiday meals and get-togethers more special.
You may have a fairy who steals the spoons out of your drawers or a mysterious gnome who snatches all your forks. But no matter how your cutlery disappears, now is a good time to buy large sets of cutlery at a good value. These large sets, with serving pieces, are terrific for large gatherings.
Match your glasses
Whether due to sheer clumsiness or dishwasher mishaps, glassware often gets chipped or broken, leaving you with hodgepodge of glasses. Start over and buy full sets, or fill in your existing sets with new glasses. Basic wine glasses are available by the dozen for entertaining and are a good buy.
Fill in dishware
Like glasses, dishes often get broken and chipped. If you have a lot of chipped dishes, toss them all and buy new. Some say eating off chipped dishes is bad luck, so why risk it at the New Year? Lots of sets are on sale, and in-stock china and dishware are often reduced this time of year. Better still, buying large sets of plain china means you won't have to serve guests a special meal on paper plates.
Whether it's placemats, dinner napkins, tablecloths or nice knives or serving ware you need, the holiday season is the best time to load up on all kinds of essentials. Give your kitchen a good once over and take stock of your cookware and serving needs. Then hit the mall and load up on bargains.
Available at Amazon.com:
- Amaryllis: Bright Blooms for Winter
- Restock Your Kitchen With Holiday Bargains
- Winter Bedding Tips to Help You Sleep Better
- Flash From the Past: Growing Begonias Indoors
- How to Install a Ceramic-tile Backsplash
- 7 Inventive Ways to Redeck Your Halls
- 6 No-brainer Time-savers
- Living Room Arrangement Inspires Conversational Holiday Gatherings
- How to Set a Beautiful Holiday Table
- Perk Up Your Powder Room Before the Holidays
- Key to Happy Houseplants: Low Maintenance
- Time to Bring the Garden Inside
- Budget-friendly Kitchen Makeover Ideas
- How to Organize Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Dining Table Scuffed and Scratched?
- Outdated light fixture?
- Front door looking shabby?
- Where to Store Certain Foods in the Refridgerator
- Give Your Kitchen a Facelift Before the Holidays
- Spruce Up Entryway for the Holidays Ahead
- Paperwhite Narcissus: Indoor Blooms for Winter
- How to Save Your Dahlia Tubers Over Winter
- Order Too Many Bulbs? No Problem: Just Pot Them
- For a Beautiful and Long-Lasting Deck Nothing Beats Redwood
- How Healthy Is Your Bedroom?
- One-day Home Makeover
- How to Spot an Energy Efficient Dishwasher
- Have a broken or annoying doorbell?
- Creating the Ultimate Spa Bath
- A Laundry Room to Love
- Seven Ways to Make Your Home Sparkle This Fall
- Crisp Weather Signals Time to Plant Bulbs
- Getting and Keeping Your Garden in Shape for Next Spring
- Right Kind of Brick Pavers Make Your Sidewalk Last
- More to Stone Retaining Walls Than Meets the Eye
- How to Create a Kitchen Baking Center
- The Planet-Friendly Kitchen
- Signs It's Time to Replace Your Microwave Oven
- Weather-Stripping Windows
- Short on Shelf Space?
- As Cool Season Approaches Don't Give Up on the Garden
- Use Bold Red to Energize a Room
- Easy and Cheap Home Decorating Ideas
- 5 Signs It's Time to Replace Your Refrigerator
- Guide to Buying a Cooktop
- Guide to Buying a Dishwasher
- Are Your Doorknobs Dating Your Home?
- Squeaky staircase driving you crazy?
- Cut a Three-Hour House Cleaning Down to 30 Minutes
- Best Way To Clean Your Oven
- Is Your Indoor Air Clean Enough?
- Homegrown Stain Busters
- Transform Your Trash
- How Does Composting Work?
- Finding Vacation Home Bargains
- How Your Home Offices Can Make You More Productive
- Makeover Solutions for Problem Fireplaces
- Cozy Feel of Country Style Is Right for Fall
- Make Your Garden a Late Summer Pit Stop for Migratory Hummingbirds
- Plant Containers: Front and Center
- Blotches on Composite Decking Easily Tackled with Oxygen Bleach
- Fall Cleaning 101
- How to Make Your Refrigerator Last Longer
- Lamplight too bright?
- Guide to Buying a Kitchen Range
- Transform Boring Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Historic Places to Retire
- The Wonder of Wildflowers in the Garden
- Decorating with Nature: Corncob as Paint Roller
- The Habits of Keeping a Clean House
- Floor Radiant Heat
- Moving Television Creates TV Cable Complications
- Jillian Reynolds: The Glamorous Homebody
- Boxing Champ Floyd Mayweather King of His Las Vegas Castle
- Actress Melora Hardin Treasures Time at Home, Far From 'The Office'
- Taboo's Shoe Closet Is of Epic Proportions
- 9 Reasons to Choose a New Home Over a Resale
- Rethink Decorating Your Hallways
- Green Your Kid: Gardening
- Kitchen Makeover on a Budget
- Installing Vinyl Tiles
- When to Replace Your Wall Oven
- Packing for a Move Is an Art Unto Itself
- Dynamite Dorm Rooms that Deliver
- 8 Paint Tips Trick Out Your House with Color
- How to Install a Ceramic Tile Backsplash
- Best Way to Waterproof and Revive Your Deck
- Growing a Green Garden - How Does Your Garden Grow?
- Attractive Flexible Screen Let's the Breeze In
- Set Mood for Evenings on Patio with Homemade Lanterns
- Planet-friendly Parties
- The Flexible Guest House: Adding On by Adding Out
- How to Design a Kitchen Island
- How to Hang Your Flat Screen TV
- How to Slash Your Electricity Bill This Summer
- 5 Easy Ways to Green Your Home
- Create Endless Summer with Seaside Style
- Touch of Patina: What Copper Can Do for Your Garden
- When Buying Garage Door Opener It Pays to Go with Quality
- How Green Is Your Bathroom?
- Grow Your Garden Naturally
- Blowing in the Wind: Flags for the Garden
- Better H2O at Home
- 6 Ways You're Wasting Water Right Now
- Take Steps to Fight a House Fire Before It Starts
- Banish Toxic Dust From Your Home
- With Small Rooms Resist the Urge to Be Minimalist
- Installing a New Kitchen Backsplash
- Feng Shui for Your Home
- Turn a Clean Home Into a Healthy Home
- Coconut Lights Add an Exotic Touch to Summer Nights
- Peaches: Cultivating Backyard Mini-Orchard Not That Hard
- Are You Neglecting Your Barbecue?
- Aromatic Lavender: Not as Hard to Grow as You Might Think
- Installing a Vintage Bathtub
- Master Bedroom Design: Making His and Hers Theirs
- White: The Hot Cool New Color of Interior Design
- Night-Blooming Plants to Impart Scents of Summer
- Closet Organization Made Easy
- Summertime Swaps: Quick Changes to Lighten Up Your Home Decor
- Best Tools and Materials Are Key to Good Paint Job
- Hydrangeas Offer Impressive Palette to Gardener
- Hot New Trend Is Cool Asian Design
- Growing Potatoes in the Garden Easier than You Think
- Banish Tar: Get a Greener Driveway
- Asphalt vs. Concrete Driveways
- Staining a Deck
- Modern Homesteading: How to Live Better on Less
- Better Sleep Begins with Good Bedroom Design
- Kitchen Hoods Take Center Stage
- Kitchen Cabinets that Conceal Appliances
- 15 Fresh Ways to Use Wallpaper
- 10 Ways to Reduce Your Summer Utility Bills
- Antidote for a Dull Planter: Chocolaty Goodness
- 10 Ways to Reuse and Save
- Hosting a Successful Yard Sale
- What to Do With Spring Cleaning Purges
- A Beeswax Balm You Can Make Yourself
- Keep Your House Spring-clean
- Exterior Lighting Makes Home More Appealing and Safer
- No Room for a Vegetable Garden? Think Again
- Food Scraps That Help Your Garden Thrive
- Designing a Nursery Around Color
- Birch Beautiful on the Table As Well As in Nature
- 5 Money-saving Gardening Tips
- Straighten Up in an Instant
- Deck Patio Rooftop Garden Ideas
- Growing a Family Garden
- 12 Hidden Costs of Homeownership
- Nine Ways to Make Your Home More Appealing to Buyers
- 5 Cheap and Easy Decorating Ideas
- Concrete Ideas on Turning Construction Leftovers into Garden Fixtures
- Attractive and Durable DIY Garden Vine Trellis
- How to Green Your Baby's Nursery
- 6 Simple Home Repair Jobs You Can Do Yourself
- How to Create a Crafty Home
- Better Spring Cleaning with Less Effort & More Fun
- Energy-Efficient Updates Help Homeowners Save Cash
- Don't Just Let that Rainwater Go Down the Drain
Copyright © 2010 Kathryn Weber, Living Space. All rights reserved.