The distinctive high-arc American Standard Townsend widespread bathroom sink faucet with accessible lever handles is featured here in a dramatic Legacy Bronze finish.
Here are four popular bathroom design trends, plus tips to cost-effectively achieve these looks in your home
(BPT) - Coffee bars, TVs in mirrors, smart toilets and pet-friendly amenities — a growing number of homeowners are requesting such upscale features in their bathroom design, according to the National Kitchen and Bath Association (NKBA). Is it any wonder that association members report the average cost of remodeling a bath is between $10,000 and $30,000? However, you don’t have to spend that much to update your bathroom stylishly and easily.
Here are four popular bathroom design preferences, plus tips to cost-effectively achieve these looks in your home:
Transitional is trending
According to a poll of remodeling professionals, the vast majority agreed that "transitional" was the most-requested style in bathroom settings. Transitional design allows you to blend elements of both traditional and contemporary styles. The result is a comfortable blend of sophistication and simplicity that is easy to create with only a modest investment.
An example is the urban depiction of the Townsend widespread lavatory faucet from American Standard in dramatic legacy bronze, paired with a modern vessel sink in sleek white. The high-arc, deep bronze finished faucet harkens to a classic era of design. The tapered faucet shape, reminiscent of classic bridge pediments, evokes an industrial feel of city living that fits well with a lavatory that showcases contemporary angular styling.
Neutrals have staying power
Long favored for their ability to create an easy-to-customize color foundation, neutral hues remain in vogue in the bathroom. Whites and grays are the most popular color schemes, NKBA reports, although these colors aren’t confined to walls or floors.
White continues to be the most popular color choice for toilets, tubs and sinks. In bathrooms with these pristine-toned fixtures, you can cost-effectively play on the neutral trend by adding pale gray to the walls. For a subtle effect that will also add height to the room, paint the ceiling a gray several shades lighter than the walls.
Popular transitional styling is depicted here with the American Standard 6-inch square showerhead and luxurious Times Square shower system and convenient handshower.
The shower is becoming a highlight of the bathroom, with many renovators reporting that homeowners want customization such as lighting, built-in seating, benches and hand-showers installed. Remodeling your shower can be as simple as replacing an old-style, static showerhead with an upgraded, more luxurious model. One option is the American Standard drenching 6-inch square showerhead, paired with the Times Square shower system that features an ultra-convenient hand shower. A teak shower seat and recessed lighting above the shower are also cost-effective upgrades that can elevate your shower experience to be truly spa-like.
Home design experts have long predicted that as baby boomers grow older, demand will increase for home features that will allow seniors to stay in their houses throughout their golden years. NKBA members report evidence of this trend, with more homeowners asking for aging-in-place upgrades such as grab bars, higher vanities and chair-height toilets.
Aging-in-place upgrades are among the most useful and cost-effective bathroom improvements. Following this pattern can be as simple as installing grab bars in showers and tubs, and next to toilets. Replacing knob faucets with single-handle or lever-style faucets allows people with dexterity challenges to easily and safely function in the bathroom.
Remodeling your bathroom to keep pace with today’s hottest trends doesn’t have to cost a lot. With a few creative touches and versatile pieces like new faucets and hand showers, it’s possible to create an up-to-date look with a modest investment.
- Best Time to BBQ
- The Best Things About Gardening
- Fun In The Summer Sun: Tips To Beat The Heat
- Fashion Influences Gardening Trends For Easy, Eye-Catching Flowers
- 6 Steps to Grow a Garden Anywhere
- How to Make Your Yard an Outdoor Oasis
- An Easy Patio Makeover
- Big Ideas For Small Patios
- Creating The Perfect Outdoor Kitchen
- 5 Green Home Improvements To Help Sell Your Home For More
- Top Trends in Vegetable Gardening
- 5 Simple Projects To Recreate Your Backyard
- Outdoor Living Plumbing Possibilities
- Hardworking Kitchens with Style
- The Power of a Powder Room Addition
- Bathroom Designs That Don't Have To Cost A Bundle
- Bathroom Design Trends That Marry Luxury, Beauty And Sensibility
- High-Tech Bathroom Upgrades
- The Home Design Trend to Know About
- Why Millennials Love Gardening
- Natural Ways To Keep Roses Radiant
- Top 5 Gardening Trends
- The Best-Looking Lawn For Your Time & Money
- How To Make Summer Lawn Care Easier
- Lawn: Seed, Weed and Feed Checklist
- Small-Space Gardens: Easy Tips For Homegrown Flavors
- 3 Backyard Projects You Can Tackle
- Know What's Below: Call 811 Before Digging
- Upgrades to Boost Home Energy Efficiency
- Top 6 Home Decorating Trends
- Confused by TV Technology? Read This
- Enhance Curb Appeal With An Eye-Catching Front Door
- Shortcuts To Make Your Home Sparkle
- Yield Big Water Savings in Bathrooms
- Common Myths About Raising Poultry
Article: Copyright © 2017
Home & Garden: "Bathroom Designs That Don't Have To Cost A Bundle"