Creating The Perfect Outdoor Kitchen
Here are several easy, affordable projects to help transform your outdoor living area into the perfect cooking and entertaining space.
(BPT) - The weather outside is beautiful, so naturally you want to spend as much time outdoors as possible - and that includes mealtime and even the time spent preparing your food. So, if your outdoor cooking station isn't quite master chef worthy, worry not.
There are several easy, affordable projects to help you transform the area into the perfect cooking and entertaining space. Give these projects a try to create a one-of-a-kind destination for the season.
Start with the grill
Your grill is the focal point of your cooking area and you'll need to determine whether gas, charcoal or propane is right for you. If expense is a concern, propane is a more cost-effective fuel than charcoal and it doesn't require running any lines to your grilling area, providing you with the same grilling space with fewer expenses.
Build a barbecue cover
Give your kitchen a beautiful outdoor shelter by building a barbecue cover from Western Red Cedar. This natural wood is resistant to rot, decay and insects, and it will look great no matter what the weather brings. In addition, building the cover is easy - simply follow the nine-step process found at RealCedar.com.
Find the perfect light
If nighttime is the right time for your group, then forget the deck light and opt for ambient lighting options instead. Track lighting can be strung across your space easily to make your outdoor kitchen a welcoming environment. If you want to be more unique, you can find simple instructions online for building wine bottle torches or Mason jar lamps.
A place for guests to dine
Enjoy the food where it was made by building a dining table and chairs from Western Red Cedar. Building a table is easier than you think, and red cedar can be finished in a variety of ways because it is pitch and resin free. All of this allows you to create furniture perfect for a more traditional or modern kitchen.
Provide a little shade
Make those summer afternoons more enjoyable and comfortable by providing some shade for your guests, along with the cook. Building a pergola creates a beautiful and functional addition to any seating area. Building plans exist to create a pergola of any height or length, allowing you to customize your project to your space. Once the project is completed, stain it or decorate it in a way that provides the shade you desire while supporting your overall outdoor design look.
Many people mistakenly believe that outdoor kitchens are luxury items for only the wealthy, but that is no longer true. Any of the easy projects listed above can help you reimagine your space into the outdoor kitchen of your dreams. To find more beautiful options for improving your outdoor space, visit RealCedar.com.
- Fun In The Summer Sun: Tips To Beat The Heat
- Fashion Influences Gardening Trends For Easy, Eye-Catching Flowers
- 6 Steps to Grow a Garden Anywhere
- How to Make Your Yard an Outdoor Oasis
- An Easy Patio Makeover
- Big Ideas For Small Patios
- Creating The Perfect Outdoor Kitchen
- 5 Green Home Improvements To Help Sell Your Home For More
- Top Trends in Vegetable Gardening
- 5 Simple Projects To Recreate Your Backyard
- Outdoor Living Plumbing Possibilities
- Hardworking Kitchens with Style
- The Power of a Powder Room Addition
- Bathroom Designs That Don't Have To Cost A Bundle
- Bathroom Design Trends That Marry Luxury, Beauty And Sensibility
- High-Tech Bathroom Upgrades
- The Home Design Trend to Know About
- Why Millennials Love Gardening
- Natural Ways To Keep Roses Radiant
- Top 5 Gardening Trends
- The Best-Looking Lawn For Your Time & Money
- How To Make Summer Lawn Care Easier
- Lawn: Seed, Weed and Feed Checklist
- Small-Space Gardens: Easy Tips For Homegrown Flavors
- 3 Backyard Projects You Can Tackle
- Know What's Below: Call 811 Before Digging
- Upgrades to Boost Home Energy Efficiency
- Top 6 Home Decorating Trends
- Confused by TV Technology? Read This
- Enhance Curb Appeal With An Eye-Catching Front Door
- Shortcuts To Make Your Home Sparkle
- Yield Big Water Savings in Bathrooms
- Common Myths About Raising Poultry
Article: Copyright © 2017
Home & Garden: "Creating The Perfect Outdoor Kitchen"