Top 5 Gardening Trends
Here's insight into the year's top gardening trends so you can garden with confidence and creativity
(BPT) - Whether you have a backyard or just a few containers on the patio, sunny days are your cue it's time to garden. Growing your own flowers, herbs and vegetables is a lot of fun, and with some simple tips, it can be pretty easy to make sure your outdoor space is a showstopper.
The experts at Ball Horticultural Company offer insight into the year's top gardening trends so you can plant with confidence and creativity:
Trend 1: Create curb appeal
Your home's exterior will influence the first impression of anyone that visits. Give your entryway an instant beauty boost with begonias. They’re perfect for the time-starved gardener, grow well in sun or shade, and fill in fast and full. At the forefront of this trend are Megawatt begonias. Megawatt begonias feature exceptional performance and a unique bronze-leaf color that is sure to be noticed by guests.
Trend 2: Tablescapes
Bring the beauty of gardening indoors with tablescapes. Use your harvested vegetables as decor inside in display bowls; you'll give your interior design a fresh look. There are also non-edible potted veggies like Hot Pops Purple Ornamental Peppers. They mature in multiple colors to keep you in color all season.
Trend 3: Fresh food fascinations
There’s nothing like pulling fresh food from the garden, but this year is trending toward more unique flavors. Replace your traditional pepper plants with specialty hot peppers like jalapenos or chiles. And you don’t need tons of space to enjoy multiple tomatoes. Try Take 2 Tomato Combos which give you a slicer and a cherry tomato in one pot, providing twice the flavor in half the space. Travel the globe through herbs: Plant a kitchen garden of different basils, lavenders and mints. Use them in your next cocktail!
Trend 4: Customize with color
A great garden is more than just a food source, it’s also a thing of beauty. One of the hottest trends will be accenting your garden with unique colors that reflect your style. If your favorite color is purple, pink or white, weave some petunias into your garden design. If you adore red, try Archangel Cherry Red Angelonia for a delicate texture that weathers any extremes. Fill your garden with plants to match your favorite team's colors for a fun customized twist. Whatever you choose, a splash of color is sure to get your space noticed.
Get started on your garden project today
The gardening season is just beginning, so now’s the perfect time to make friends with your local garden center for the best plant selection. Incorporate any or all of the top trends listed above and your garden will be beautiful and rewarding throughout the entire year.
- Fun In The Summer Sun: Tips To Beat The Heat
- Fashion Influences Gardening Trends For Easy, Eye-Catching Flowers
- 6 Steps to Grow a Garden Anywhere
- How to Make Your Yard an Outdoor Oasis
- An Easy Patio Makeover
- Big Ideas For Small Patios
- Creating The Perfect Outdoor Kitchen
- 5 Green Home Improvements To Help Sell Your Home For More
- Top Trends in Vegetable Gardening
- 5 Simple Projects To Recreate Your Backyard
- Outdoor Living Plumbing Possibilities
- Hardworking Kitchens with Style
- The Power of a Powder Room Addition
- Bathroom Designs That Don't Have To Cost A Bundle
- Bathroom Design Trends That Marry Luxury, Beauty And Sensibility
- High-Tech Bathroom Upgrades
- The Home Design Trend to Know About
- Why Millennials Love Gardening
- Natural Ways To Keep Roses Radiant
- Top 5 Gardening Trends
- The Best-Looking Lawn For Your Time & Money
- How To Make Summer Lawn Care Easier
- Lawn: Seed, Weed and Feed Checklist
- Small-Space Gardens: Easy Tips For Homegrown Flavors
- 3 Backyard Projects You Can Tackle
- Know What's Below: Call 811 Before Digging
- Upgrades to Boost Home Energy Efficiency
- Top 6 Home Decorating Trends
- Confused by TV Technology? Read This
- Enhance Curb Appeal With An Eye-Catching Front Door
- Shortcuts To Make Your Home Sparkle
- Yield Big Water Savings in Bathrooms
- Common Myths About Raising Poultry
Article: Copyright © 2017
Home & Garden: "Top 5 Gardening Trends"