Affordable Bath Updates
Affordable Bath Updates
Is your bathroom in need of some updates but your budget doesn’t allow much in terms of wiggle room? The cost of a complete bathroom remodel can quickly add up.
Fortunately, there are several small, inexpensive projects you can do to give your bathroom a makeover without breaking the bank. Here are the ten most common small projects to turn your bath into a cozy and relaxing retreat and start upgrading your bathroom step by simple step.
1) Update Your Bath Cabinet Hardware
These small items say big things about your bathroom style. Changing out your knobs and pulls to brushed nickel or bronze can create a whole new decorative touch.
2) Update Your Bath Faucets
The faucet is one of the most frequently used items in your bathroom, so it's important to select one that truly reflects your style. Updating your faucet with a new low-flow model is a relatively inexpensive way to cut water consumption while adding a refreshed look to your sink area.
3) Replace Your Showerheads & Hand Showers
Showerheads and hand showers add a nice touch to your overall bathroom design, and they can make your showering experience more enjoyable. Replacing a showerhead is usually a quick and inexpensive project. Hand showers can be used as fixed showers or hand-helds and provide maximum versatility. Drill-less models are easily installed.
4) Update Your Bath Hardware
A bathroom is not complete without hooks, towel bars and a toilet paper holder. Coordinating bath hardware items can liven up your old bath décor and add impact to your bath's overall design. And for both style and safety, don't forget to include decorative grab bars for your bathtub and shower.
5) Update Your Lighting Fixtures
A new lighting system will add a touch of illuminating ambiance to your bathroom. Consider updating the existing fixtures or adding a few decorative sconces to complement your faucets and hardware.
6) Paint Your Bathroom Walls
Color is the key to any room's personality. The right wall color will make all your other bathroom updates really stand out. For a look that takes center stage, choose a color that complements your countertop, faucet and hardware.
7) Update Your Bath Fan
Bath fans play an important role in removing excess moisture and odors from a bathroom. Newer models are fashionable as well as functional, offering quieter operations and an assortment of decorative features to complement any bath lighting system.
8) Refresh Your Vanity Top
Whether you choose to go with laminate, granite or something in between, a new vanity top can add dramatic new texture, style and color to your bathroom. The variety of styles, materials and finishes make replacing a vanity top the ideal project for any budget.
9) Replace or Update Old Cabinets
Replacing old, outdated cabinets can transform your bathroom into an entirely different space. With styles ranging from eclectic to traditional, new cabinets can greatly enhance the storage, functionality and look of any bathroom.
10) Replace Your Toilet
Most people think of toilets as purely functional, but today's models offer a level of performance, efficiency and style that wasn't available a decade ago. Choosing an economical high-efficiency or ultra low-flow toilet offers substantial water savings without sacrificing performance or aesthetics.
- Christmas Trees 101
- New Ways to Reuse Old Holiday Decorations
- Holiday Decorating on a Budget
- Decorating Inspiration: 5 Easy Holiday Centerpieces
- Ways to Illuminate Your Yard This Winter
- Holiday How-to: Vinyl Luminaries
- Kitchen Gadgets for Faster Holiday Meals
- How to Grow Cool-Season Veggies with Ease
- Affordable Bath Updates
- How to Decorate with Houseplants
- 10 Things Every Man Cave Needs
- Lighting Guide
- Winning the Clutter War at Home
- Home Decor Tips to Brighten up Your Space
- Kitchen Mistakes That Cause Food Poisoning
- Get Clean on a Budget
- How Clean Is Your Home?
- 7 Kitchen Mistakes That Cause Food Poisoning
- 8 Ways to Make Your Home Healthier
- 10 New Ways to Green Your Spring-cleaning
- How Composting Works
- Steps You Can Take to Boost Your Home's Value
- 7 Questions to Answer Before Buying a New Vanity
- Eat-In Kitchens Keep Meals and Families Together