Kitchen Gadgets for Faster Holiday Meals
'Tis the season for entertaining, which can mean endless days of grocery shopping, prepping, and cooking. To pull off special occasions without a hitch, it's critical to be armed with the right kitchen tools to make food prep and serving easier.
These five efficient gadgets and small appliances will help you breeze through each gathering and deliver memorable meals, while also giving you precious time to enjoy the holidays with your loved ones. Best of all, you can use all of these all year round, not just for party prep.
1. De'Longhi Electric Food and Cheese Grater
Skip the pre-shredded cheese in the dairy case and do all your grating in advance. Purchase a block, shred it all and store it in the fridge for whenever you need it. Also, buying shredded cheese is more expensive than buying a large chunk, so using this grater will save you time and money. The grater is also rechargeable without wires or batteries -- another big plus.
Available at Amazon.com: DeLonghi Food and Cheese Grater
2. Chef's Choice White 2-Stage Electric Knife Sharpener
Does it take you forever to mince garlic? Does it seem like you spend more time chopping veggies than cooking? If so, your knives are probably too dull. That's where this tool comes in handy. Use it on all your cutlery (gourmet, boning, chef's, carving, serrated knives, etc.) to restore their razor-like edge. Sharpen them all before you get started, and your prep work will go much faster, and you'll complete every course much sooner.
Available at Amazon.com: Chef's Choice White 2-Stage Electric Knife Sharpener
3. Taylor Digital Folding Probe Thermometer
Get ready to serve the juiciest birds and mouthwatering meats you've been dreaming of and impress all your guests with your cooking prowess. This thermometer's preset meat temperature gauge ensures meat cooks precisely the way you like it, whether it's rare or well done. It beeps and flashes when it reaches the target temperature so there's no guesswork involved. Bonus: Its quick and accurate read also works on food you're grilling too.
Available at Amazon.com: Taylor Digital Folding Probe Thermometer
4. Waring WC400 Professional Wine Center
No more struggling to open bottles of wine in front of your friends and family. This bottle opener has a rubberized handset, which makes it easy to hold, a convenient foil cutter for tops of wine bottles, and a battery pack for its rechargeable base unit. You'll look like a sommelier as you effortlessly remove every cork this holiday season.
Available at Amazon.com: Waring WC400 Professional Wine Center
5. Wolfgang Puck WP2MILLS Electric Salt-and-Pepper Mill Set
What could be cheerier for the holidays than these peppy ceramic grinders? Their adjustable grinding settings let you season to taste with a push of a button -- no more slow cranking with uncontrollable results. Use any variety of peppercorns, sea salts and spices. The lighted base on the mills illuminates food while in use, and its sleek design adds a splash of color to your kitchen.
Available at Amazon.com: Wolfgang Puck WP2MILLS Electric Salt-and-Pepper Mill Set
So this holiday season, give yourself the gift of time with these advanced kitchen appliances and gadgets. They'll help you get dinner on the table faster every time.
- Christmas Trees 101
- New Ways to Reuse Old Holiday Decorations
- Holiday Decorating on a Budget
- Decorating Inspiration: 5 Easy Holiday Centerpieces
- Ways to Illuminate Your Yard This Winter
- Holiday How-to: Vinyl Luminaries
- Kitchen Gadgets for Faster Holiday Meals
- How to Grow Cool-Season Veggies with Ease
- Affordable Bath Updates
- How to Decorate with Houseplants
- 10 Things Every Man Cave Needs
- Lighting Guide
- Winning the Clutter War at Home
- Home Decor Tips to Brighten up Your Space
- Kitchen Mistakes That Cause Food Poisoning
- Get Clean on a Budget
- How Clean Is Your Home?
- 7 Kitchen Mistakes That Cause Food Poisoning
- 8 Ways to Make Your Home Healthier
- 10 New Ways to Green Your Spring-cleaning
- How Composting Works
- Steps You Can Take to Boost Your Home's Value
- 7 Questions to Answer Before Buying a New Vanity
- Eat-In Kitchens Keep Meals and Families Together
- Paint Now Following Color Trends for 2012
- Teach Your Dog to Enjoy Your Garden Without Destroying It
- Power to the Pumpkin: 20 Ideas for Decorating With Autumn's Favorite Squash
- What's Your Laundry Style?
- Still Plenty to Do in the Garden to Get Ready for Winter
- Late-Blooming Camellias and Chrysanthemums Keep Colors of Autumn Interesting
- Out With the Summer Bulbs and in With the Spring
- Enliven Your Home With Orange
- Structure Is the Key to a Successful Garden
- Jewelry Center to Organize and Display Your Collection
- Interesting Foliage and Fall Blooms Make These Perennials Winners
- Easy Design Ideas Create Intimate and Romantic Dining Room
- Your Pillow Could Be Robbing You Of a Good Night's Sleep
- Price Drops and Financing Options Boost the Appeal of Solar
- Top 10 Cleaning Myths You Need to Know
- Sensual Fall Bedroom Fixes Emphasize Easy Opulence
- Late-Season Bloomers Keep the Garden Party Going
- Fall Is for Planting and Getting Good Deals at the Nursery
- Introducing Privacy to Open Concept Living
- White Kitchen Redux Has Balanced and Timeless Appeal
- Are Net-Zero Energy Houses on the Horizon?
- Easy Home-value Boosters