General Motors to Manufacture Plug-In Cadillac Hybrid Electric Car
General Motors announced that it will manufacture a plug-in hybrid Cadillac. The new environment-friendly model would use technology similar to GM's Chevrolet Volt, which the company rolled out in 2010.
Reports said that the ELR's tag price would be lower than Tesla Motor's Model S's $57,400. GM's 2012 Volt has a $39,995 price tag, which includes shipping.
The model would run 25 miles or more between recharges, but would also have a backup gas motor for longer travels.
It will feature a T-shaped lithium ion battery, electric motors and four-cylinder engine generator.
Ed Welburn, GM design chief, said the plug-in Cadillac will have the name ELR, which indicates the vehicle's electric propulsion technology and to keep with the brand's three-letter international model naming convention.
GM did not provide more details on the price and roll out date of the ELR, but said it would be manufactured in the same Detroit facility where the automaker will produce 16,000 Volts this year and another 60,000 next year.
For more investing insight and money advice, visit iHaveNet's Wealth section
Available at Amazon.com: The Triumph of Value Investing: Smart Money Tactics for the Postrecession Era
- 4 Things Investors Can Learn From Fairholme Fund's Struggles
- What the Latest Fed Policy Means for Your Money
- Weathering Turbulent Markets with Prudence and Patience
- How Do You Preserve Purchasing Power in a Tumultuous Economy?
- Steve Jobs Steps Down as Apple CEO
- HTC Files Another Lawsuit Against Apple
- United-Continental to Deploy 11,000 iPads to Pilots
- Warren Buffett 'Impressed' with Bank of America, Invests $5 Billion
- United-Continental to Deploy 11,000 iPads to Pilots
- General Motors to Manufacture Plug-In Cadillac Hybrid Electric Car
- Google Will Pay $500 Million to Settle Illegal Canadian Pharmacy Ads
- Google Acquires Motorola Mobility in $12.5bn Deal
- HP Unveils New Desktop, Vows Continued PC Support
- IBM Unveils Cognitive Thinking Chips
- The Case For and Against a Stockless Portfolio
- 3 Sites for Picking the Right ETFs for You
- High-Yield Bond Investing Not For the Faint of Heart
- What Standard and Poor's Ratings Downgrade Means for Investors
- Why There's a Disconnect Between Stocks and the Economy
- Investors Have Their Heads in Cloud Computing
- Bank of America Still Has Potential for Rebound
- What Happened to the Muni Bond Blowup
- 5 Factors That Drive Stock Prices
- Health Care a Sound Investment Despite Slow Economy and Reform
- Home Depot: Home Improvement Mecca Struggles to Stay Steady
- Asset Classes for Yield-Hungry Investors
- Defensive Investing Lets You Take Risk With Peace of Mind
- Unusual Stock Funds Intriguing, Still Judged on Performance
- Modern Investors Idolize Financial Hall of Famers
- 6 Risks Every Investor Faces
- The Appeal of Emerging Markets Bonds
- Do Your Investments Love You Back?
- 3M: Resilient Maker of Post-It Notes Tapes Together Solid Growth
- 6 Investing Ideas for Today's Slow-Growth Economy
- The Most Successful Companies Stay Relevant
- When Asset Size Matters in Fund Investing
- Investing Intelligently Yet Cautiously Key for Rest of 2011
- 50 Best Funds for the Everyday Investor
- 2 Bright Spots in Europe: Denmark and Norway
- 5 Ominous Signs for Stock Investors
- Executive Pay Zooming Skyward Again
- Bank Stocks Slow to Show Recovery But Could Be Turning the Corner
- United Technologies: Conglomerate Relies on Cyclical Growth Factors
- International Paper Company Thinks Inside the Box
- Why Copper Is the Metal to Watch
- Auto Industry Weathers High Fuel Prices
- 6 Numbers Every Investor Should Follow
- ETFs Not Just For Riverboat Gamblers
- What Investors Can Learn From the VIX
- How to Find Value Stocks
- Learning From Madoff
- PIMCO's Bill Gross Wades Into Active ETFs
- The Smaller the Better: Investing in Micro-caps
- Confidence Remains Strong in Global Markets Despite Crises
- What Standard & Poor's U.S. Outlook Downgrade Means
- The Appeal of Go-Anywhere Funds
- Demand and Disasters Complicate Global Energy Picture
- Russia Stocks Soar on Rising Oil Prices
- Energy and Construction Stocks Looking Good -- For Now
- What Investors Can Learn From Fund Flows
- High-priced Stocks Worth the Money?
- Investors Continue to Chase Short-Term Performance
- 5 Reasons Investors Should Not Bail on Japan
- What Happens After Quantative Easing 2 Ends?
- A Closer Look at Restaurant Stocks
- Adobe Overcomes Obstacles to Continue Its Rise
- Where to Find the Dividends Now
- What Style of Index Investing Is Right for You?
- The Case for (and Against) European Stocks
- Tech Stocks Volatile But Undeniably Strong
- Find This Year's Investing Strategy in Last Year's Return
- Why Big U.S. Stocks Look Like a Good Bet
- Diversification: Can You Have Too Much of a Good Thing?
- 5 Tax Tips for Mutual Fund Investors
- What's the Best Way to Buy Bonds?
- Realities of New Retirement Changing Investment Strategies
- How Contango Affects Your Investments
- Best Intermediate-Term Bond Funds for the Long Term
- Elephant-Sized Mutual Funds Slow to Adapt But Steady
- What Next for Gold? Is Gold's Latest Selloff a Turning Point?
- eBay: Competition and Changing Trends Cloud Online Marketplace's Future
- What the Egyptian Uprising Means for Investors
- 'Latin American Decade' or Wishful Thinking?
- Emerging Markets: Proceed With Caution
- Best Large-Cap Blend Funds for the Long Term
- What Will QE2's Legacy Be?
- Hybrids, Electrics and Overseas Growth Pushing Ford Motor
- Muni Bond Market Safer Than You Think
- Is Now the Time to Buy Municipal Bonds?
- SEC Takes Steps Toward Financial Planning Overhaul, But Issues Remain
- How to Invest for Income
- Forget the BRICs: How to Invest in Emerging Markets
- Can REITs Continue to Rally in 2011?
- How to Invest in Rising Oil Prices
- Research Vital to Finding Right Target-Date Retirement Fund
- Consumer Staples Positioned Well for the Recovery
- Municipal Bonds: Trouble Brewing or Media Hype?
- Best Mid-Cap Blend Mutual Funds for the Long Term
- The Case for Active ETFs
- Cash Rich Companies to Watch in 2011
- Google's Growth Could Slow But Still a Solid Buy
- Growth Expected to Continue in Emerging Markets in 2011
- How to Navigate the Bond Market in 2011
- Five Ways to Introduce Youngsters to Stock Investing
- The Outlook for Value Investing
- Best Small-Cap Blend Funds for the Long Term
- 8 Investing Resolutions for 2011
- Growth Versus Value Investing in 2011
- Big Tobacco Leader Altria Holding Steady Despite Worries
- ETFs Capture Market Attention & Investment
- 5 Investment Themes for 2011
- How to Take Advantage of a Weak Dollar
- Best Foreign Large-Cap Blend Funds for the Long Term
- Fed Moves Boost Stock Returns
- Bond Funds Really Can Lose Money
- Teach Your Kid a Lesson in Investing
Investing - General Motors to Manufacture Plug-In Cadillac Hybrid Electric Car | General Motors
Copyright 2011, AHN - All Rights Reserved