Tech Giants Piling on the Profit
by Martin Armstrong (Statista)
This infographic takes a look at the big U.S. tech players that saw a jump in profit in comparison to Q1 last year.
As the round of Q1 results closes, this infographic takes a look at the big U.S. tech players that saw a jump in profit in comparison to Q1 last year. The best quarter by a long shot was experienced by Netflix. Although they have the lowest net income of the bunch, and therefore clearly a lot more scope for growth, the enormous 544 percent leap is the clear stand-out performance.
Apple's bounce back continues, all be it in more modest fashion - posting an increase of 5 percent to take it to a mighty $11 billion for the three months ending April 1, 2017.
The chart above shows net income growth rate of U.S. tech companies from Q1 2016 to Q1 2017.
- Bitcoin, Blockchain & ICOs Explained
- Facebook's Growth and Potential
- Tencent vs. Facebook
- World's Largest Sovereign Wealth Funds
- Tech Revenues Up Across the Board
- Green Bonds Are Flourishing
- 'Green' Mutual Funds Bounce Back
- What's Keeping Funds Out of Bitcoin
- Bitcoin & Its Murkier Rivals
- Fidelity Adds Digital Currencies To Website
- Are Virtual Shareholder Meetings the Future?
- What Apple's Cash Pile Could Buy
- Tech Giants Piling on the Profit
- The World's Top-Earning Hedge Fund Managers
- Analysts See More Gains in Amazon
- Had You Invested in Amazon's IPO
- Be Thankful for the Return of Volatility
- Time Up on Trump Trade, Hedge Funds Look Abroad
- 10 Ways You Can Invest in Agriculture
- Steer Clear of Actively-Managed Mutual Funds
- Stock Buyback Boom Is On The Wane
- 10 Ways You Can Invest in Movies
- Is Tim Cook's Apple Past Its Peak?