London, United Kingdom
Pop singer Justin Bieber apologized to enraged fans and their parents for showing up late for his own concert held at the O2 Arena in London.
Bieber's concert was scheduled to start at 8:30, starting with front acts by Carly Rae Jepsen and Jaden Smith. Bieber was to go on stage right after, but the audience was kept waiting for him instead.
On Twitter, the 19-year-old singer wrote, "since i have been here it hasnt been easy with the press at times but I have loved it. so let me say this...last night i was scheduled after 3 opening acts to go on stage at 935 not 830 but because of some technical issues i got on at 10:10..so...i was 40 min late to stage. there is no excuse for that and I apologize for anyone we upset."
He added, "However it was great show and Im proud of that and tonight we will run on time and look forward to putting on an amazing show for everyone in attendance."
"[M]y relationship with the media is not always easy but im trying. Im all about the music and the performance and i respect my fans."
"[I] never have any intent to upset or let anyone down. and Im not okay with things being exaggerated. once again sorry for anyone upset."
Bieber plans to make up saying, "now we have a show to do today and Im gonna focus on the positive and put on a great show tonight here in London."
He added, "NIGHT 2 at the 02 is gonna be even better. get ready. thanks"
Meanwhile, angry fans and their parents took to Twitter to vent their frustration on the pop star's lateness, considering that they all exerted effort to stay up late on a school night.
"Beiber audience deserve a 50% refund. Disgusting behaviour and lame, late apology. Fans seek legal advice," a Twitter user wrote. "[S]o who is the stupidest:Justin Bieber 4 not knowing the bedtime of his fan base or his fans for thinking he gives a [expletive]," another user tweeted.
Meanwhile, some fans were understanding of Bieber's tardiness. A user tweeted, "Justin did amazing, be thankful for him coming here & doing a concert." Another fan wrote, "he was only 40 min late but he did a great performance."
Justin Bieber Angers His Fans. The singer upsets his loyal followers by showing up nearly two hours late to his London concert.
Justin Bieber Apologizes for Late Appearance to London Concert
- Justin Bieber Apologizes for Late Appearance to London Concert
- Taylor Swift Opens Up About Her Love Life
- Justin Timberlake's 'The 20/20 Experience:' 5 Things to Know
- Lady Gaga Unaired FAME Clip Sparks Gun Controversy
- OneRepublic On EDM Remixes & Spirit Animals
- Has Kanye West Rant Rampage Gone Too Far?
- Jimi Hendrix: Never-before-heard recordings to be released
- Behind the Scenes of Britt Nicole's 'Gold' Video
- One Direction Named 'Worst Band' By NME
- Gotye, Mumford and Sons Take Top Honors at 2013 Grammy Awards
- 2013 Grammy Award Winners
- Justin Bieber Makes Up For Failed Live Chat with Fans by Uploading New Song
- Justin Timberlake Drops New Single 'Suit and Tie'
- 2013 Grammy Awards Highlight Music's Biggest Acts
- Listen: 2013 Grammy Award Nominees
- Country Music Well Represented in 2013 Grammy Awards Race
- Who's the Best New Artist?
- Most Anticipated Music Moments of 2013
- Penelope Cruz Sings in Sexy New Music Video
- The Latest In Underground Music From Big K.R.I.T. and Allen Stone
- New Music Soon From David Bowie
- Matthew Davies performs 'Wish Peak'
- Matthew Davies Performs 'Let Her Know'
- The Latest Underground Music From SchoolBoy Q, Gary Clark Jr., and D-WHY
- Lady Antebellum's Star Rises
Copyright 2013, AHN - All Rights Reserved