The Most Famous Musician From Each State
by Natalie Morin
PrettyFamous, an entertainment data site by Graphiq, found the most famous musician born in each state.
Nashville isn't the only place that has made a great contribution to music. Influential artists have emerged from the biggest cities to the most remote towns across the United States -- Chris Brown has called himself a "country boy from Tappahannock, VA" and Alicia Keys and Jay-Z wrote a hit about their home state of New York.
PrettyFamous, an entertainment data site by Graphiq, found the most famous musician born in each state. To determine the popularity of each musician, PrettyFamous ranked them by their "Musician Score," a score from 1-100. Though the relative popularity of an artist can be gauged in a multitude of ways, Wikipedia searches highlight musicians that are top of mind at present. As such, PrettyFamous accounted for the following factors in its Musician Score:
- The musician's number of Spotify followers
- The artist's Wikipedia page views over the last 30 days
- The Wikipedia page views of the band that the musician was/is in over the last 30 days (where applicable)
- The Wikipedia page views of the artist's releases (both solo and in a group)
Note: Because recent Wikipedia page views are taken into consideration, the results tend to favor artists who are popular now, or whose music has stood the test of time. Also, a few of these musicians have acted in films or TV, but they all are better known for their musical talents.
Enter the name of your state to see who the most famous musician is:
- New Posthumous Prince Albums Include Unreleased Music
- Bob Dylan Wins Nobel Prize
- The Most Popular Albums Released in 2016
- The Most Popular Album of Every Year Since 1956
- Iconic Musicians Over 70
- The Most Famous Band Formed Each Year Since 1951
- The Most Famous Musician From Each State
- The Top 10 Upbeat Songs
- The Most Popular Song The Year You Were Born
- Famous Musicians Born the Same Year as You
- The Music of Hopelessness
- Jay Z: When Women Attack Men -- a Double Standard
- Lady Gaga Talks About Regrets and Depression
- The Beatles: Change Across the Universe
- The Beatles 50 Years Later
- Daft Punk, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis Win Multiple Grammy Awards
- Jay Z & Beyonce in Sizzling Grammy Opening Number
- A Look Back at The Beatles
- Fans Mark 50 Years of US Beatlemania
Music: "The Most Famous Musician From Each State"