New York, NY
Now on its 28th year, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation has announced the nominees for the 2013 induction.
In a press release, Joel Peresman, President and CEO of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation, said, "The definition of 'rock and roll' means different things to different people, but as broad as the classifications may be, they all share a common love of the music. This year we again proudly put forth a fantastic array of groups and artists that span the entire genre that is 'rock and roll'."
To be qualified or the honor, an individual artist or a band "must have released its first single or album at least 25 years prior to the year of nomination," according the Rock and Roll Hall of fame's official website, meaning the nominees for 2013 should have released their first single 1987 or earlier.
A group of 600 artists, historians and members of the music industry from all over the world served as the voting body.
The complete list of nominees is as follows:
- Albert King
- Deep Purple
- Donna Summer
- Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
- The Marvelettes
- The Meters
- The Paul Butterfield Blues Band
- Procol Harum
- Public Enemy
- Randy Newman
The 2013 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will be held on April 18, 2013 at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles and will be broadcast on HBO, the date of which will be announced at a later date.
- New Album of Music Icon Jimi Hendrix to be Released
- Grammy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced
- Aerosmith Holds Free Concert in Front of Former Apartment in Boston
- Why Burning Man Inspires Me
- Nominees for 2013 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Announced
- John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John Reunite for Christmas Album
- Foo Fighters to Take Indefinite Break from Playing
- Why Burning Man Inspires Me
- Green Day Announces Tour Dates for New Album Trilogy
- The Right Music for Every Part of Your Day
- Nominations for 2012 MTV Video Music Awards Announced
- New Beatles Compilation 'Tomorrow Never Knows' Hits iTunes
- Guns N' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers Among Inductees Into Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame
- It's Only The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, But
- Bruce Springsteen Captures The State of America
- Grammy Nominations Full of Snubs and Surprises
- Researchers Say Many Rap Songs Advertise for Alcohol Industry
- Lady Gaga and Britney Spears Win Big at 2011 MTV Video Music Awards
- 7 Things We Love About Justin Bieber
- Lady Gaga Records Duet with Cher
- A Half-Century On, Their Music Still Captures Youth
- Ten Great Songs About Places
- Barbra Streisand Returns with 'What Matters Most'
- Pitbull Earns First-Ever Top single with 'Give Me Everything'
- 'The Book Of Mormom' Skyrockets On Billboard 200 Albums Chart
- Get an Awesome Soundtrack to Your Summer
- When Pop Stars Become Pop Psychologists
- Aretha, Gaga and Barbra: Grammy Night, 2011!
- Host Your Own Oscars Party
- Few Penalties For Stars Behaving Badly
- Boy, Do We Like to Watch
- Frankly Speaking: A Great Frank Sinatra Biography
- Lady Gaga: Pop Sensation Transforms Music Video Culture
- Chatting It up With the Jonas Brothers
- Hot New Music for Your Playlist
- Will Lady Gaga Really Take Madonna's Crown?
- Music - Where the Best Unknown Bands Are Hiding
- Pink Flies High at the Grammys
- Barbra Streisand, Still Pitch-Perfect After All These Years
- Mariah Carey - This 'Imperfect Angel' Knows What Love Is
- 80s Acts Touring Again: Demand High for Forgotten Decade Music
Copyright 2012, AHN - All Rights Reserved