Texas Coach Mack Brown Promotes Wyatt to Co-offensive Coordinator
Texas coach Mack Brown has promoted wide receivers coach Darrell Wyatt as co-offensive coordinator, replacing Bryan Harsin, who accepted the head coaching job at Arkansas State.
Wyatt will be sharing offensive coordinating duties with Major Applewhite, whom Brown designated as play caller and quarterbacks coach. Offensive line coach Stacy Searels will be elevated to assistant head coach for the offense.
Tight ends coach Bruce Chambers, who shared recruiting responsibilities with Wyatt, will now be the primary staffer handling the recruiting coordinator duties.
Brown added that the Longhorns will be hiring an assistant coach to handle Applewhite's previous role as running backs coach.
Arkansas State has hired Harsin to replace Gus Malzahn, who left the Red Wolves to become the new coach at Auburn.
"Brian has done a tremendous job for us, and we appreciate all the energy he's poured into our program the past two seasons. He's a bright young coach with great enthusiasm and passion for the kids and the game. He'll do a tremendous job at Arkansas State," Brown said.
"We're happy any time our coaches have the opportunity to be a head coach. I think that is a great reflection of the types of coaches we are fortunate enough to have in our program," Brown added.
A record-setting quarterback at Texas and former graduate assistant coach for Mack Brown, Applewhite is a 10-year coaching veteran, joining the Texas staff in January 2008 as assistant head coach and running backs coach before being promoted to co-offensive coordinator in January 2011.
- Garrett Gilbert Shines, SMU Crushes Fresno State in Hawaii Bowl
- Clutch Field Goals Lift LA-Lafayette to New Orleans Bowl Win
- Bortles Lifts Central Florida Past Ball State in Beef 'O' Brady's Bowl
- Kyle Van Noy leads BYU Over San Diego State in Poinsettia Bowl
- Chicago Prep Basketball Star Jabari Parker Picks Duke
- Stanford Gives Football Coach David Shaw Contract Extension
- Les Miles Most Popular College Football Coach on Twitter
- Gary Andersen Leaves Utah State to Lead Wisconsin Football Program
- Martin and Nix to Stay at Notre Dame for Another Year
- Notre Dame Caught Off-Guard by Seven Schools Bolting Big East
- Jim Boeheim Earns 900th Win as Syracuse Downs Detroit
- Michigan Suspends Trio Ahead of Outback Bowl
- Arizona Bounces Back from 21-Point Deficit, Wins New Mexico Bowl
- Seven Basketball Schools, Including Georgetown, to Leave Big East
- Kliff Kingsbury New Football Coach at Texas Tech
- Alabama Quarterback AJ McCarron to Return for Senior Season
- Bryan Harsin Tabbed Arkansas State Football Coach
- Texas Coach Mack Brown Promotes Wyatt to Co-offensive Coordinator
- Western Kentucky Hires Bobby Petrino as Head Football Coach
- Colorado Tabs Mike MacIntyre as Football Coach
- Frosh Choice: Texas A&M Quarterback Manziel Captures Heisman
- Big Ten Expansion Meant to Keep Penn State
- Alvarez Makes One-Day Coaching Comeback for Wisconsin
- Football Coach Charlie Strong Stays with Louisville
- Darrell Hazell is New Purdue Football Coach
- Football Coach Mike Gundy to Stay at Oklahoma State
- Bielema Takes Arkansas Football Post; Malzahn to Coach Auburn
- Historic, Tight Heisman Trophy Race Between Manziel and Te'o
- Notre Dame and Alabama to Clash for BCS Title
- Ex-Utah Basketball Coach Rick Majerus Dies of Heart Failure at 64
- North Carolina State Hires Dave Doeren as Football Coach
- Oklahoma Shares Big 12 Title with Kansas State
- Hubert, Klein Carry No. 7 Kansas State to Big 12 Title
- Lacy, McCarron Star as Alabama Tops Georgia for SEC Title
- No. 8 Stanford Tops No. 17 UCLA, Clinches Pac-12 Football Title
- Jon Gruden Turns Down Tennessee Coaching Job
- Johnny Football Craze Gets a Soundtrack
- Monte Kiffin to Depart Southern Cal After Bowl Game
- ACC Chooses Louisville over UConn, Cincinnati
- Bill O'Brien to Stay as Penn State Football Coach
Copyright © 2012 AHN - All Rights Reserved