Eli Manning Brilliant: Giants Oust Top-Seeded Packers
Green Bay, WI
Eli Manning threw for a career playoff high 330 yards with three touchdowns and the Giants defense forced three turnovers as New York booked a ticket to the NFC Championship Game with a 37-20 crushing of the top-seeded Green Bay Packers Sunday.
The Giants made the 15-1 Packers look confused and flustered, forcing Aaron Rodgers and company to commit uncharacteristic mistakes. Pro Bowlers Rodgers and John Kuhn each lost costly fumbles, while receivers dropped a number of passes that could have changed the momentum of the game.
New York came out firing and rode a last second Hail Mary pass to Hakeem Nicks, his second touchdown of the day, to a 20-10 lead at the half.
The first was a brilliant 66-yarder in the first quarter, his second touchdown reception of 66 or more yards this postseason, just the second player in NFL history with 2 TD receptions that long in a single postseason. Nicks would finish with 165 yards, the second most ever in a playoff game in Giants history.
Meanwhile, the Giants defense was roasting Rodgers on a spit, sacking the talented quarterback four times and picking him off once.
Rodgers finished 26-for-46 with 264 yards and two touchdowns for a season-low 78.5 rating, but did rush for a game-high 66 yards.
New York has now beaten Green Bay in the playoffs two times in the past four years, riding the last win to a Super Bowl in January of 2008.
The Giants will have to go through Candlestick Park at San Francisco for the NFC Championship next Sunday. The winner faces either the Baltimore Ravens or the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XLVI.
- Eli Manning Brilliant: Giants Oust Top-Seeded Packers
- Flacco Lifts Ravens Past Mistake-Prone Texans
- Alex Smith Launches Game-Winning Strike, 49ers Edge Saints
- Jets Legend Joe Namath Stumped On Sparano Hiring
- Final Eight Take Center Stage In Divisional Playoffs
- Wild Card Weekend: A Look Back
- Tebow, Broncos Stun Steelers in Overtime
- Giants Too Much for Falcons, Move On to Face Packers
- Foster's Two TDs Power Texans Past Bengals
- Drew Brees, Saints Tame Lions
- Raiders Dismiss Head Coach Hue Jackson
- LaDainian Tomlinson 'Contemplating' Retirement
- Robert Griffin III Headed to NFL
- Colts Set Sights on Andrew Luck as No. 1 in NFL Draft
- Star Running Back LaMichael James Leaving Oregon for NFL
- Oklahoma's Landry Jones, Wisconsin's Ball Return For Senior Campaigns
- Browns Seek Playmaker at Number 4
- Cleveland Browns Need Plenty of Help in Rugged AFC North
- Chiefs Plan to Keep Romeo Crennel as Head Coach
- Parcells Heads Up Potential NFL Hall of Fame List
- Playoff Records, Facts, Figures and Milestones
- Regular Season Records and Milestones
- Wild Card Weekend Preview: What to Look For
- Record-Breaking Regular Season Had It All
- Super Bowl Ads Sold Out
- NFL Football Firings
- Chicago Bears Dismiss GM After Poor Finish
- Manning, Cruz Pass Giants Over Cowboys into Playoffs
- In Like Flynn: Backup QB Powers Packers Past Lions
- Vick Leads Eagles Past Redskins For Fourth Straight Victory
- Colt McCoy says he wants to stay with Browns
- Giants Defensive End Osi Umenyiora Returns to Practice
- Patriots, 49ers Rack Up Most Pro Bowlers
- AFC Pro Bowl Rosters
- 2012 NFC Pro Bowl Rosters
- All on the Line in Final Week of Regular Season
- 2011 NFL Playoff Scenarios for Week 17
- Packers Take Over for Cowboys as America's Team
- Blue Christmas: Brandon Jacobs Lays into Jets after Giants Win
- Victor Cruz, Ahmad Bradshaw Lead Way as Giants Take Down Jets
- Brees Sets NFL Passing Record as Saints Rip Falcons
- Packers Wrap Up Top Seed in NFC
- Chargers Quarterback Not Happy Team will Miss NFL Playoffs Again
Copyright 2012, AHN - All Rights Reserved