Dan Bailey Overtime Field Goal Lifts Cowboys Past Browns
Dan Bailey buried two crucial field goals, including a 38-yarder in overtime as the Dallas Cowboys overcame a 13-point deficit en route to a 23-20 victory over the Cleveland Browns Sunday at Cowboys Stadium.
Bailey, who booted three field goals, forced overtime with a 32-yard field goal before burying the game-winner with 6:13 left in extra time to give the Cowboys (5-5) a second straight victory.
Tony Romo completed 35 of 50 passes for 313 yards and a touchdown for the Cowboys, who moved to .500 for the first time since Oct. 21 and to solo second in the NFC East behind the New York Giants (6-4).
Wide receiver Dez Bryant finished with 145 yards on 12 catches with a touchdown as the Cowboys' receiving corps garnered 313 yards on 35 catches, outplaying their Browns counterparts, who managed just 210 yards on 20 receptions.
Rookie quarterback Brandon Weeden completed 20 of 35 heaves for 210 yards and two touchdowns, both to tight end Benjamin Watson, but failed to prevent the Browns (2-8) from suffering a third loss in last five games.
Neophyte rusher Trent Richardson accounted for 95 of the Browns' 119 rushing yards, from 28 carries, singlehandedly outplaying Dallas rushers, who combined for just 63 yards on 21 attempts.
Weeden staked the Browns to an early lead with a 10-yard touchdown pass to Watson before Phil Dawson added field goals from 51 and 37 yards in the second period for a 13-0 Browns lead.
Bailey put the Cowboys on the board with a 44-yard field goal in the third period before running back Felix Jones scored on a two-yard touchdown run to cut the deficit to 13-10 in the fourth period.
Romo then pushed the Cowboys ahead, 17-13, when he connected with Bryant for a 28-yard touchdown pass. It was short lived as Weeden answered with a 17-yard scoring pass to Watson to put the Browns on top, 20-17.
Then, Romo led the Cowboys to an eight-play, 66-yard drive that ended with a 32-yard field goal by Bailey to force overtime.
- Tom Brady Leads Patriots to Easy Win over Jets
- Jets Quarterback Tim Tebow Playing with Fractured Ribs
- RG3 throws Four Scoring Strikes, Redskins Topple Cowboys
- Graham OT Field Goal Helps Texans Escape Lions
- Giants Safety Kenny Phillips Wins Appeal on Fine
- NFL to Revise In-Season Part of Challenge Rule
- NFL 2012 Week 12 Kicks Off With Thanksgiving Tripleheader
- Balance on Offense Leads to Success for Texans
- Peyton Manning Finding Comfort in Denver
- Colin Kaepernick Shines in Debut Start, Leads 49ers Over Bears
- Jacoby Jones and Justin Tucker Help Ravens Edge Steelers
- Broncos McGahee to Miss 6-8 Weeks with Leg Injury
- Patriots Tight End Rob Gronkowski Breaks Arm in Win Over Colts
- Panthers Coach Ron Rivera to Stay Until Season's End
- Dan Bailey Overtime Field Goal Lifts Cowboys Past Browns
- Ex-Bears Great Mike Ditka Calls Minor Stroke 'No Big Deal'
- NFL Retirement Board Claims Sport Caused Brain Injuries of 3 Players
- Playoff Races Heating Up as NFL Season Rolls On
- Glazer's Edge: Give Tebow a shot
- Boomer Esiason 'Not a Fan' of Tim Tebow
- Colts - Patriots Week 11 Preview
- Blame NFL for QB concussions
- Roger Goodell Says Football will Evolve
- The End of Football as We Know It?
- Eagles Confident in Nick Foles' Ability
- With Vick Concussed, Eagles Foles to Start vs Redskins
- Steelers Down Chiefs; Lose Ben Roethlisberger to Injury
- Falcons Stay Silent About Pregame 'Interference' with Saints
- Texans Escape Turnover-Prone Bears, Improve to 8-1
- Panthers Lose to Broncos, Owner Says Team to Stay in Charlotte
- Jake Locker Returns, Leads Titans over Dolphins
- Andrew Luck Runs for two TDs as Colts Tame Jaguars
Copyright © 2012 AHN - All Rights Reserved