Cowboys Owner, Tackle Ratliff Have Heated Confrontation
Dallas Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones got into a heated confrontation in the locker room with nose tackle Jay Ratliff Dec. 2 after a crucial win over the Philadelphia Eagles.
According to sources, Ratliff had to be separated from Jones during the confrontation. After that, the tackle abruptly left the locker room.
Sources said that after the game, Jones tried to encourage Ratliff to return from a groin injury, a move which rubbed differently on the player. Then, Ratliff yelled at the team owner before teammates stepped in.
Mark Slough, Ratliff's agent, declined comment about the incident.
Ratliff did not play in the Cowboys' win over Cincinnati Sunday and remained in Dallas. He attempted to practice Wednesday but did not feel right.
The four-time Pro Bowler has missed seven games this season because of ankle and groin injuries. He missed most of the offseason program and training camp because of plantar fasciitis.
Ratliff has 25 tackles, one tackle for loss and 10 quarterback pressures in six games this season, but he does not have a sack, resulting to a decline in his sacks total for a fifth straight season.
Ratliff, who is set to count $7 million against the cap in 2013, signed a five-year extension for $40 million in 2011, with $17.5 million guaranteed.
- 49ers Suspend Brandon Jacobs for Remainder of Season
- Tom Brady Throws Four Scoring Strikes as Patriots Rout Texans
- Ravens Can Coordinator Cam Cameron, Promote Jim Caldwell
- Cowboys Owner, Tackle Ratliff Have Heated Confrontation
- Linebacker's Death Puts Spotlight on NFL Drug, Alcohol Problem
- Packers Tame Lions, Close in on NFC North Title
- Rookies Propel Browns to Rout of Chiefs
- Cam Newton Carries Panthers to Upset Win Over Falcons
- Cowboys Brent Charged with Manslaughter in Teammate Jerry Brown's death
- Browns Special Teamers Reject Plan to Eliminate Kickoff
- Cardinals Deck Dockett with $200,000 Fine
- Ailing Giants: Nicks and Phillips doubtful against Saints
- Chiefs Running Back Hillis Shrugs Off Comment by Ex-Browns Teammate
- Manning and Moreno Lead Broncos to Eighth Straight Victory
- Vikings Greenway Backtracks After Calling for 'Super-Duper Drunk' Fans
- Quarterback for Now: Sanchez to Start for Jets vs Jaguars
- Injured Linebacker Suggs Game-Time Decision for Ravens
- With Four Games Remaining, NFL Enters Final Quarter
- Final Quarter Starts with AFC Playoffs in Sight
- 2012 NFL Playoff Scenarios for Week 14
- Bears Linebacker Urlacher Out Three Games with Hamstring Strain
- Eagles Tab Foles as Starting QB for Rest of Season
- Bob Costas Draws Criticism for Halftime Gun Control Commentary
- Police Say Belcher Legally Owned Gun Used in Murder-Suicide
- RG3 Carries Redskins Past Giants, NFC East Race Tightens
- Rookies Dazzle in Browns Win Over Raiders
- Tony Romo's Three TD Strikes Help Cowboys Down Eagles
- Andrew Luck's Last-Second Scoring Strike Lifts Colts Past Lions
Copyright © 2012 iHaveNet.com