Nine 49ers, Eight Texans Selected to Pro Bowl
New York, NY
Nine players from the San Francisco 49ers and eight from the Houston Texans have been selected to the Pro Bowl as the rosters were revealed for the Jan. 27 game in Honolulu, a week before Super Bowl XLVII kicks off in New Orleans.
Defensive end Justin Smith leads the list of 49ers selected for the NFC squad, together with outside linebacker Aldon Smith, free safety Dashon Goldson, strong safety Donte Whitner and inside linebackers Patrick Willis and NaVorro Bowman.
San Francisco's left tackle Joe Staley, guard Mike Iupati and running back Frank Gore were all named to the team.
The rosters for the Pro Bowl were formed from fan votes, coaches votes and players votes each comprising 1/3 of the process.
The Seattle Seahawks and the Chicago Bears have five representatives and the Minnesota Vikings have four while the New York Giants, Washington Redskins, Green Bay Packers and Atlanta Falcons have three players apiece.
The Dallas Cowboys and the New Orleans Saints have two each while the Arizona Cardinals, Detroit Lions and Tampa Bay Buccaneers have one apiece.
Aaron Rodgers of the Packers was selected as starting quarterback for the NFC team, edging Matt Ryan of the Falcons and rookie Robert Griffin III of the Redskins.
For the Texans, they will be represented in the AFC team by left tackle Duane Brown, running back Arian Foster, wide receiver Andre Johnson, cornerback Johnathan Joseph, center Chris Myers, quarterback Matt Schaub, guard Wade Smith and defensive end J.J. Watt.
The New England Patriots have seven players, led by quarterback Tom Brady, while the Ravens have six players on the AFC roster, including Jacoby Jones, Vonta Leach, Haloti Ngata, Ed Reed, Ray Rice and Marshal Yanda.
The Denver Broncos have five representatives, led by quarterback Peyton Manning, who was selected for a record 12th time. Like the Broncos, the Kansas City Chiefs also have five players in the lineup.
The Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Brown, Pittsburgh Steelers, Indianapolis Colts and the New York Jets have two representatives each.
Manning will be the starting quarterback for the AFC, beating Brady and Schaub of the Texans for the honor.
- Tom Brady Says Patriots Can Adjust Minus Injured Tight End Rob Gronkowski
- Ravens Linebacker Ayanbadejo Sparks 'Word War' with Patriots
- Tom Brady and Shane Vereen Lead Patriots Back to AFC Title Game
- Matt Bryant Field Goal Lifts Falcons Over Seahawks into NFC Title Game
- Colin Kaepernick Leads 49ers Past Packers into NFC Title Game
- 'Flacco Fling' Helps Ravens Stun Broncos
- Nate Silver Picks Seahawks vs Patriots for Super Bowl XLVII
- Ex-Jets Assistant Mike Westhoff Says Tim Tebow Situation a 'Mess'
- Michael Strahan Among 15 Finalists for Pro Football Hall of Fame
- Ex-Panthers Assistant Rob Chudzinski Gets Browns Coaching Job
- Seahawks Rookie Defensive End Bruce Irvin Gets Start vs Falcons
- Mike Mularkey Out as Jaguars Coach
- Cowboys Hire Defensive Coordinator
- Eagles Interested in Notre Dame Coach Brian Kelly
- Mike Pettine Hired as Buffalo Bills Defensive Coordinator
- Chargers Name Tom Telesco New General Manager
- Ex-Falcons Personnel Director David Caldwell Named Jaguars GM
- NFL Final Eight Take Center Stage in Divisional Playoffs
- NFC Divisional Playoffs Preview: Packers at 49ers
- NFC Divisional Playoffs Preview: Seahawks at Falcons
- AFC Divisional Playoffs Preview: Ravens at Broncos
- AFC Divisional Playoffs Preview: Texans at Patriots
- Cowboys Dismiss Rob Ryan as Defensive Coordinator
- Tony Sparano Out as New York Jets Offensive Coordinator
- Robert Griffin III Suffered Partial Tear of Two Ligaments in Right Knee
- Seahawks Blast Redskins in NFC Wild-Card Game
- Boldin and Flacco Carry Ravens Past Colts in AFC Wild-Card Game
- Bills Select Syracuse's Doug Marrone as New Head Coach
- Chip Kelly to Stay with Oregon
- Aaron Rodgers Powers Packers Past Vikings in NFC Wild-Card Game
- Arian Foster Lifts Texans to AFC Wild-Card Win Over Bengals
- Post Lovie Smith, Bears Eye CFL's Marc Trestman as Head Coach
- Panthers Retain Ron Rivera as Head Coach
- Chiefs Reach Agreement with Andy Reid as Next Head Coach
- LSU Safety Eric Reid To Forego Senior Year, Enter NFL Draft
- Wild Card Weekend Preview: It's Playoff Time
- Wild Card Weekend Preview: Cincinnati Bengals at Houston Texans
- Wild Card Weekend Preview: Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay Packers
- Wild Card Weekend Preview: Indianapolis Colts at Baltimore Ravens
- Wild Card Weekend Preview: Seattle Seahawks at Washington Redskins
- NFL 'Super Season' Kicks Off
- Best NFL Playoff Performances
- What to Look For: Wild Card Weekend
- Chiefs Expected to Hire Andy Reid as Head Coach
- Kansas City Chiefs Hold First Pick in 2013 NFL Draft
- NFL 2012 Regular Season in Review
- 2012 NFL Records and Milestones
- Ravens Linebacker Ray Lewis to Retire After 17 Years
- 49ers Seek Alternative to Kicker Akers, Waive Jacobs
- Titans Stick with Coach Mike Munchak, Fire GM Mike Reinfeldt
- Chargers Dismiss Head Coach Norv Turner, GM AJ Smith
- Cardinals Fire Ken Whisenhunt, GM Rod Graves
- Bears Fire Coach Lovie Smith
- Eagles Fire Longtime Coach Andy Reid
- Jets Fire GM Mike Tannenbaum
- Rookies Carry Redskins Over Cowboys to NFC East Title
- Josh Freeman Guides Buccaneers to Upset Win Over Falcons
- Titans Set NFL Record for Touchdown Returns in Win Over Jaguars
- Jets to Dismiss Offensive Coordinator Tony Sparano
- Browns to Fire Shurmur, Heckert after Steelers Showdown
- Sean Payton Agrees to Five-Year Deal with Saints
- Jets Coach Rex Ryan Denies Report He Would Welcome Firing
- All on the Line in Final Weekend of 2012 NFL Regular Season
- 2012 NFL Playoff Scenarios for Week 17
- What to Look For: NFL 2012 Week 17
- Ravens Safety Ed Reed Escapes Suspension, Draws $55K Fine
- Grounded Jet: Critics Dampen Tim Tebow's Christmas
- Ex-Lions Lineman Lomas Brown Regrets Intentionally Missed Block
- Nine 49ers, Eight Texans Selected to Pro Bowl
- Coach Tom Coughlin Wants Giants to Play with Pride
- Debate: NFL 2012 Biggest Disappointments
- Michael Vick Seeks Win, Not Audition, in Upcoming Start
- Jets Start Search for New GM as Mike Tannenbaum on Way Out
- Foles Suffers Broken Hand, Michael Vick to Start Anew for Eagles
- Russell Wilson Throws Four TD Passes, Seahawks Clinch Playoff Spot
- Peyton Manning Throws Three TD Strikes, Broncos Blast Browns
- RG3 Returns, Leads Redskins to Brink of NFC East Title
- Tim Tebow to Join Jacksonville Jaguars Next Season
- Matt Ryan's Four TDs Help Falcons Clinch NFC's Top Seed
Copyright © 2012 iHaveNet.com