Tom Brady Voted Super Bowl LI MVP
By Steve Keating (Reuters)
New England Patriots quarterback TOM BRADY was voted the winner of the Pete Rozelle Trophy, awarded to the Super Bowl LI Most Valuable Player.
This marks the fourth time Brady has won the award, having previously been voted the Most Valuable Player in Super Bowls XLIX, XXXVIII and XXXVI. Brady is the only player in NFL history to win the award four times.
Brady has won five Super Bowls, the most by a starting quarterback in NFL history.
The Super Bowl MVP award is chosen by a panel of 16 comprised of members of the Pro Football Writers Association of America, selected members of the electronic broadcast media and by fans interactively through the National Football League’s official website, NFL.com.
Brady completed 43 of 62 pass attempts for 466 yards, two touchdowns and one interception for a 95.2 rating. Brady set Super Bowl single-game records in pass attempts, completions and passing yards and is only the second player in Super Bowl history to pass for more than 400 yards in a game, joining Super Bowl XXXIV MVP Kurt Warner (414). He also extended his Super Bowl records for most career completions (207), passing yards (2,071) and touchdown passes (15).
In the first-ever Super Bowl to go to overtime, Brady, a 17th-year player from Michigan, helped New England rally from a 25-point deficit, the largest comeback in Super Bowl history.
On the opening possession of overtime, Brady orchestrated a game-winning, eight-play, 75-yard drive, culminating with a two-yard touchdown run by running back James White.
Super Bowl LI, February 5, 2017 Game Recap
The New England Patriots defeated the Atlanta Falcons 34 - 28 Sunday in overtime in the Super Bowl at NRG Stadium in Houston, TX. Matt Ryan led the game in passing, completing 17 of 23 attempts for 284 yards and 2 touchdowns. Devonta Freeman dominated the ground game with 11 carries for 75 yards and 1 touchdown. James White led all receivers with 14 receptions for 110 yards and 1 touchdown.
- Patriot Way Paves Road to New England Dynasty
- Brady Loses Shirt, But Smiling After Emotional Super Bowl Win
- Lady Gaga Soars Over Super Bowl 51
- Super Bowl Ads Score with Politics
- Tom Brady Voted Super Bowl LI MVP
- Super Bowl LI: Patriots vs Falcons Preview
- Super Bowl LI: Super Bowl Player Matchups & Stats
- Super Bowl LI: Super Bowl Commercials
- Super Bowl 51 May be Defensive, Political Football
- What Americans Associate Most With Super Bowl Ads
- Why Americans Love the Super Bowl
- Super Bowl LI: How Will Lady Gaga Use SB Spotlight?
- Super Bowl 51 by the Numbers
- Super Bowl History by the Numbers
- Super Bowl Performers and Performances
- Legal Super Bowl Betting
- Top 10 Super Bowl Ads Since 2008
- Super Bowl Advertising Facts & Figures
- Super Bowl Trophy By The Numbers
- 50 Years of Super Bowl MVP History
- Super Bowl is On The Fifty
Receive our NFL News & Analysis by email by subscribing here
NFL Football: "Tom Brady Voted Super Bowl LI MVP"