Why Americans Love the Super Bowl
Felix Richter (Statista)
Our survey shows the reasons why people love watching the Super Bowl
With all the hype surrounding the Super Bowl, it's easy to forget that in the end, it is still a sporting event.
However, if it weren't for the spectacular halftime show, the parties and the special Super Bowl commercials airing during the broadcast, the Super Bowl probably wouldn't be the global event it has become over the years.
Consequently, it doesn't necessarily come as a surprise that not even 6 in 10 Americans say that the actual game is their favorite thing about the Super Bowl.
That is according to Statista's 2017 Super Bowl Survey, which found that the commercials are Americans' second favorite thing about the whole Super Bowl experience.
The chart above shows what Americans love most about the Super Bowl.
- Patriot Way Paves Road to New England Dynasty
- Brady Loses Shirt, But Smiling After Emotional Super Bowl Win
- Lady Gaga Soars Over Super Bowl 51
- Super Bowl Ads Score with Politics
- Tom Brady Voted Super Bowl LI MVP
- Super Bowl LI: Patriots vs Falcons Preview
- Super Bowl LI: Super Bowl Player Matchups & Stats
- Super Bowl LI: Super Bowl Commercials
- Super Bowl 51 May be Defensive, Political Football
- What Americans Associate Most With Super Bowl Ads
- Why Americans Love the Super Bowl
- Super Bowl LI: How Will Lady Gaga Use SB Spotlight?
- Super Bowl 51 by the Numbers
- Super Bowl History by the Numbers
- Super Bowl Performers and Performances
- Legal Super Bowl Betting
- Top 10 Super Bowl Ads Since 2008
- Super Bowl Advertising Facts & Figures
- Super Bowl Trophy By The Numbers
- 50 Years of Super Bowl MVP History
- Super Bowl is On The Fifty
Receive our NFL News & Analysis by email by subscribing here
NFL Football: "Why Americans Love the Super Bowl"