Participating Athletes by Gender
The historical growth in the number of Winter Olympic athletes by gender from from 1924 to 2014.
The first Winter Olympics in Chamonix in the French Alps. During the Second World War two Winter Olympiads were cancelled, while the last Winter Olympiad before the war were held in Garmisch-Patenkirchen under Nazi rule.
This chart shows the Olympic Winter Games Participating Athletes by Gender from 1924 to 2014.
Winter Olympics: Participating Athletes by Gender from 1924 to 2014 (Source: Statista)
Winter Olympics: Participating Athletes by Gender from 1924 to 2014
|2002||Salt Lake City||1,513||886|
- 2018 Winter Olympic Events in South Korea
- All-Time Winter Olympics Medal Winners
- More Than 100 Gold Medals up for Grabs
- Participating Athletes by Gender
- Winter Olympics: History of the Winter Olympics
- Fast Facts About the 2018 Winter Olympics
- Why Should Snowy Countries Have All The Fun?
- Michael Phelps: The Greatest Olympian Ever
- How the Olympics Make Money
- Team USA's Record Breaking Olympics
- Historic 1,000th Gold Medal for USA
- The Most Summer Olympic Medals
- Most Decorated Summer Olympians
- Most Decorated Swimmers Ever
Article: Copyright © 2018
Olympics: "Participating Athletes by Gender"