How to Be Popular
Girl World Daily
How to Be Popular
Every girl wants to be popular, right?
You want to be liked by as many people as possible. But popularity is about being fantastic, not plastic!
Here, we lay down the myths and truths about popularity so it all makes way more sense.
Myth: Popularity is about looking a certain way
Truth: Be active!
Being popular is not about how you look, what you wear or which handbag you carry. If you want to get to know a lot of kids who are into the same things as you are, get involved in lots of activities. Join a club. Try out for a sport. Audition for the school play. If you're hanging out in lots of different circles, you're going to get noticed. For sure!
Myth: Being popular means acting like the cool kids
Truth: Be yourself!
When you do start circulating, be sure you're signing on for stuff that genuinely interests you. Don't go out for basketball or run for class treasurer just because you want to hang with a certain group. Do it because it's something that really gets you stoked!
Myth: Popular girls always run in exclusive cliques
Truth: Be friendly!
OK, some girls tend to run in groups from which they exclude others. But gals like that are actually insecure and are trying to give off the illusion that they're better than everyone else. If you want to be well-known by lots of different kids, never act like you're too good to be seen with anyone in particular. Show that you're open to being friends with anyone who's nice and fun to be around.
Myth: To be popular, you have to follow the pack
Truth: Be confident!
If you're acting like a clone, you're not being true to yourself. Know who you are, do what you like and develop your own personal style. Nothing makes you stand out from the crowd more than giving off a vibe that screams, “I'm unique, and I'm proud of it!” Do it fearlessly. Imagine it's like ice-skating: When you're afraid you may fall, you usually look klutzy. When you skate with confidence, you glide along with grace! And so it is with popularity.
Available at Amazon.com:
- How to Be Popular
- Six Signs She's Just Not That Into You
- Win Women Over with Your Smartphone
- Dating a Jock
- 6 Steps to Great Communication
- The Real Scoop on Sisters
- How Jealous Friends Sabotage Your Health
- Friend Friction
- Play Your Summer Romance Into Overtime
- Should You Let a Friendship Go?
- 5 Tips to Getting Along With Your Roommate
- Why Office Dating May Be More Dangerous in This Economy
- Perfect Summer Dates
- Bust a Rut, Lose Your Gut
- Can You Keep a Secret?
- Shut Down the Boy Drama!
- How Do You Rank as a Roommate?
- What to Say to Women
- Pair up for a Group Date
- Good Friends, Good Health
- The Summer Fun Starts Here
- 5 Rules of Facebook Etiquette
- Make the New Girl Your New Friend
- Stand up for Yourself Without Creating Conflict
- 5 Ways to Tell She Digs You
- Girlfriends Rule
- Triple Threat of Toxic Friends
- Sharing a Room With a Sibling
- Beginner's Guide to Dating Boys
- Get Along With Your Parents
- Make Nice With Mom
- Facial Hair to Attract the Girl of Your Dreams
- Mastering Group Dating
- Turns Out Listening's His Strong Suit
- Is Facebook Killing Your Mojo?
- Go Retrosexual: Finding Lost Loves Over the Web
- All's Fair in Love and Woo
- Show Mom You Love Her!
- Breakup Recovery: Prevail in the First 72 Hours
- The Girl Decoder
- 10 Ultimate Girlfriend Mysteries -- Solved!
- Say 'I Love You' in a New Way
- Million-dollar Dating at Bargain Prices
- Is it Bromance? How to Pick the Best Wingmen
- 5 Gadgets to Boot up Your Love Life
- Find New Friends Fast
- How to Comfort a Friend in Need
- Academic Affair: Beware!
- Can Long-distance Love Thrive?
- Show Mom You Love Her
Copyright © 2011 Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.