Date Night: No Reservations Required
A well-planned night at home can be just as romantic as a fancy night on the town. Plan a homebody date night for you and your sweetheart with these tips.
His & Hers Double Feature
He picks his movie. She picks hers.
Before you press play, make popcorn and set out other theater-style snacks to munch on during the movies. Bring out plenty of blankets and pillows for the couch before you settle in for the evening. Throw on a comfy sweater and a pair of soft leggings.
DIY Pizza Night
Turn the kitchen into a pizzeria, complete with drippy wax candles and checkered tablecloths.
Make individual pizzas to suit your tastes. You'll need some toppings separated into bowls (try a variety of sauces, cheeses, veggies and fruit, and meats), two portions of dough, and two baking sheets or pizza stones.
To make your own dough, plan ahead one hour so it has time to rise, or take the easy way out and buy it at your grocery store. Once you've kneaded out the dough (don't worry about a perfect circle) and topped the rounds with your choice of ingredients, pop them into the oven and wait for the crusts to start to brown and the cheese to bubble. Presto!
Game OnGames aren't just for kids -- kick date night up a notch with some healthy competition.
Think: poker, a silly truth-or-dare board game, a video game; as long as you'll laugh over it, it's perfect.
Lay a soft blanket on the floor and set out the games. Keep score on a pad of paper -- loser has dish duty!
Break a Sweat
Don your play clothes for this date night. After all, a couple that sweats together stays together, right?
Warm up with a short jog around the neighborhood to get the blood pumping. Then return to the house to attack your list of moves. Try a rotation of jumping jacks, sit-ups, lunges, push-ups, and planks. Take turns holding each other's legs steady during the sit-ups.
Finish the workout with a few soothing yoga moves, focusing on breathing and form, and relax with a post-workout snack.
Bring the picnic inside during the cold winter months (and leave the ants behind).
Cozy up on the floor -- no shoes allowed -- on a pallet of blankets and pillows. Pack a picnic basket with your dining essentials, including cheese, fresh fruit, and fresh bread. Feel free to feed each other.
Yes it's goofy, but it's not something you'd do with just anyone.
Fill an ice bucket with the beverages of your choice so there's no running back and forth to the kitchen. If you're able to set up by a fireplace, bring s'mores supplies for a yummy treat. Use shish kebab skewers to toast the marshmallows, and keep a stack of chocolate bars and graham crackers in the picnic basket.
- Be a Better Person -- Starting Today
- How to Break Up Online
- Date Night: No Reservations Required
- Plan a Fabulous Girls Night Out
- Make Date Night Exciting Again
- 6 Tips to Handle Criticism
- How to Break Up With a Friend
- How to Win People Over
- 5 Ways to Show a Friend You Care
- Good Friends: The Key to Good Health
- Build Better Relationships
- How to Survive the Holidays at Her House
- The 8 Secrets of Constructive Arguments
- The One Thing That Can Make Your Partner Jealous
- Getting the Girl -- Without Losing Your Friends
- How to Get the Girl
- How to Deal With Jealousy
- 10 Things to You Should Never, Ever Say to a Woman
- Families Are Changing, But Still Key to Happiness
- How to Live Alone Without Being Lonely
- How to Be Happy -- Despite Parenthood
- Religion Makes People Happier -- But Why?
- Why Good Friends Make You Happy
- Why Marriage Makes People Happy
- How to Protect Yourself from Bad Break-Ups
- How to Find Happiness on Social Networks
- Make Time for Romance!
Article: Copyright © 2017, Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.
Relationships - "Date Night: No Reservations Required"