Instagram's Biggest Sports Stars
By Niall McCarthy (Statista)
Soccer stars with reach. This chart shows the Instagram accounts of sports stars with the most followers.
French soccer club Paris Saint Germain smashed the world transfer fee record, buying Neymar Jr. from FC Barcelona for a stupendously expensive 222 million Euros. The previous record, set last season when Manchester United bought midfielder Paul Pogba from Juventus, was an already astronomical 105 million Euros.
How can a deal like this come about? The answer is release clauses. It is reasonably common practice for players, not just the elite, to have a clause in their contract which would force the club to sell if triggered. Neymar's is 222 million euros.
While this is an obscene amount of money, it is by no means the highest release clause. Real Madrid and Portugal megastar Cristiano Ronaldo reportedly has a clause in his contract set at 1 billion euros.
- Instagram's Biggest Sports Stars
- Epic Failures for Soccer Superpowers
- Premier League Fans Stream Illegally
- 30 Years of Escalating Soccer Transfer Fees
- Iceland Smallest Nation To Ever Reach FIFA World Cup
- Where Refs Brandish Red the Most
- Goals Come at a Hefty Price Tag
- Betting Companies Dominate Sponsorships
- Top 10 Most Expensive Bayern Munich Signings
- Top 10 Best Selling Premier League Player Jerseys
- Messi Is at His Best
- African Migrants Integrate Through Soccer
- Bedoya Would Love to Play in the Bundesliga One Day
- Years After Leo Messi's First Appearance for FC Barcelona
- Biography of Lionel Messi
- Messi Still Better Than Ronaldo
- Top 10 World Cup Goalscorers of All Time
- 2014 World Cup Team of the Tournament
- Five Crazy World Cup Social Media Records
- Will Major League Soccer Ever Become Popular in the U.S.?
Article: Copyright © 2017, iHaveNet.com
Soccer: "Instagram's Biggest Sports Stars"