Where Refs Brandish Red the Most
By Martin Armstrong (Statista)
This chart shows the average number of red cards per match during the 2016/2017 season, by national top-flight league.
All football fans can think of a time when their team's chances in a game have been extinguished by a red card.
A game can flip on its head on the back of a rash challenge, but also as the result of a rash refereeing decision. The modern game moves so quickly, with officials having to make massive decisions in tiny amounts of time.
The infographic looks at analysis by CIES Football Observatory showing the top flight leagues in Europe with the highest number of red cards per game.
- Most Valuable World Cup Soccer Teams
- Instagram's Biggest Sports Stars
- Epic Failures for Soccer Superpowers
- Premier League Fans Stream Illegally
- 30 Years of Escalating Soccer Transfer Fees
- Iceland Smallest Nation To Ever Reach FIFA World Cup
- Where Refs Brandish Red the Most
- Goals Come at a Hefty Price Tag
- Betting Companies Dominate Sponsorships
- Top 10 Most Expensive Bayern Munich Signings
- Top 10 Best Selling Premier League Player Jerseys
- Charlie Austin Player Profile
- Maradona Kicks Fan After 'Match for Peace' in Colombia
- Luis Suarez Happy at Barcelona, He Says
- Enrique: Messi Is at His Best
- FIFA President Sepp Blatter Tells Detractors of the 2018 World Cup in Russia to 'Stay at Home'
- African Migrants Integrate Through Soccer
- Bedoya Would Love to Play in the Bundesliga One Day
- Dom Dwyer Emerging as American MLS Star
- Eight Years After Leo Messi's First Appearance for FC Barcelona
- Biography of Lionel Messi
- Could Cristiano Ronaldo Be Headed to MLS?
- MLS Introduces Minnesota United FC as Newest Expansion Team
- Top 10 Richest Football Clubs in 2015
- Top 10 Most Expensive Arsenal Signings
- Top 10 Most Expensive Liverpool Signings
- Parma Coach Questions Legitimacy of Serie A
- Mario Balotelli Goes White After Italy's Selection
- Messi Still Better Than Ronaldo
- Thierry Henry Retires from Football
- Top 10 World Cup Goalscorers of All Time
- 2014 World Cup Team of the Tournament
- Five Crazy World Cup Social Media Records
- The World Cup's Legacy in Brazil and What It Means for the 2016 Olympics
- Will Major League Soccer Ever Become Popular in the U.S.?
- 2014 World Cup Photos - Argentina vs Germany
Article: Copyright © 2018, iHaveNet.com
Soccer: "Where Refs Brandish Red the Most"