Jerry Sandusky's bail could reportedly be revoked and he could be jailed after two new cases of alleged child abuse against the former Penn State football assistant coach have emerged.
According to the Patriot-News of Harrisburg, the Pennsylvania state department of Children and Youth Services has opened an investigation into allegations of child sex abuse against Sandusky, who has been charged with 40 counts of various sexual crimes against children.
According to the newspaper, the two new cases were reported less than 60 days ago, and are still in the beginning stages of investigation.
The two new cases would be the first known to be reported to involve persons under the age of 18. The other cases of alleged victims coming forward have been adults, the Patriot-News reported.
Meanwhile, Sandusky's attorney, Joe Amendola, told ABC News that if prosecutors bring new charges against Sandusky his client's bail could be revoked and he could be jailed.
"My concern is if they bring new charges based upon new people coming forth, that bail's going to be set, and he's going to wind up in jail," Amendola told ABC.
Sandusky, who faces 40 counts of child molestation, including rape, is currently free on unsecured bail. He could face a second arrest and face new charges if any new victims are found to be credible.
With the new reported cases, the scandal seems to continue unfolding in the most depressing ways.
Many have raised questions as to the failure of Penn State leaders, in particular Joe Paterno, to act when the alleged acts were perpetrated.
Although Paterno is not a target of the investigation, many quarters have cited the power and influence of the legendary football coach during his time, an important factor that might have changed things then.
Former PSU official Vicky Triponey was one those who was privy to the influence of the football program on the university during her four years as vice president for student affairs.
Triponey indicated in a USA TODAY.com report instances when she challenged that power but eventually lost.
She indicated that she was forced to resign following a case over the brawl involving football players.
Paterno was dismissed midseason by Penn State trustees in Nov. 2011 after the arrest of Sandusky.
- Syracuse Assistant Basketball Coach Fine Fired Amid Child Molestation Allegations
- Case Against Syracuse Assistant Bernie Fine Takes Twist with Phone Call Revelation
- With Help of Luck, Stanford Downs Notre Dame
- Alabama Makes Case For BCS Title Game Spot With Rout of Auburn
- Quarterback Kellen Moore Directs Boise State to Victory vs Wyoming
- Urban Sprawl: Ohio State Falls to Michigan; Rumors Spread About Meyer Taking Over
- Denard Robinson Steers Michigan to Victory Over Ohio State
- Bernie Fine Probe Accelerated; Authorities Search Syracuse Assistant's Home
- Tyrann Mathieu Punt Return Sparks LSU Past Arkansas
- Houston Blows Out Tulsa To Keep BCS Dream Alive
- Nebraska Runs All Over Iowa
- Freshman Linebacker Hayes Pullard Coming Up Big for USC
- Big East Can't Lure BYU Football Into Fold
- Urban Meyer Denies Another Report Tabbing Him as New Ohio State Coach
- Sandusky's Bail Could Be Revoked, Could Be Jailed
- Michigan Enters Showdown With Ohio State Looking for 10th Win
- Arizona Hires Rich Rodriguez as New Football Coach
- Purdue Football Looks to Regroup After Hangover Loss
- Urban Meyer Says No Job Offer On The Table From Ohio State
- Upset Saturday in College Football: OK State, Oregon, Oklahoma, Clemson Fall
- Syracuse Assistant Basketball Coach Bernie Fine Denies Sex Assault Accusations
- Ohio State and Urban Meyer May Have Mutual Interest For Coach Position
- AJ McCarron's Three TD Passes Power Alabama Over Georgia Southern
- Penn State Edges Ohio State to Move Within Win of Big Ten Title Shot
- James Vandenberg Tosses 3 TDs: Iowa upends Purdue
- Columbia University Marching Band Banned From Final Game of Season, Given Reprieve
- Joe Paterno has Treatable Form of Lung Cancer
- Coach K takes 903 from NYC; Sets Wins Mark as Duke tops MSU
- Key Files Missing From Jerry Sandusky's Charity
- McQueary's Story Adds Twist To Penn State Scandal
- Penn State Coach Mike McQueary Says He Stopped Alleged Sandusky Assault
- Sandusky Denies He's a Pedophile in TV Interview
- Big Ten Takes Paterno's Name Off Championship Trophy
- Giants Preparing for Ailing Vick and Eagles
- Weeden Throws Five TDs; Oklahoma State Demolishes Texas Tech
- Nebraska Holds Off Penn State on Emotional Day at Beaver Stadium
- Purdue Tops Ohio State in Overtime Thriller
- Duke's Coach K Captures 902nd Career Win
- Penn State Assistant Mike Mcqueary Won't Coach, Attend Game Vs. Nebraska
- Picking Up the Pieces: Tom Bradley Takes Over at Penn State
- Oklahoma Basketball Hit with Three Years Probation by NCAA
Penn State Fires Coach Paterno, Effective Immediately
President Spanier Also Dismissed
- Paterno Facing Possible Civil Suit, Criminal Charges
- Temple Tops Miami-Ohio in MAC Football Clash
- Northern Illinois Continues MAC Football Title Quest
- Paterno Wants to Talk About Penn State Controversy
- Penn State Officials Step Down Ahead of Arraignment on Perjury Charges
- Penn State Top Official Unconditionally Backs Embattled Ad Amidst Shocking Allegations
- Ole Miss Football Coach Houston Nutt to Resign Following Season
- Ohio State Men's Basketball Squad Enters Season with High Expectations
- LSU Gains Inside Track to BCS Title Game, Tops Alabama in OT
- Andrew Luck leads Stanford to Victory Over Oregon State
- Miller Powers Ohio State Running Game to Victory vs Indiana
- Colter Scoring Run and TD Pass Helps Northwestern Stun Nebraska
- Matt Barkley Leads Southern Cal to Crushing of Colorado
- Boise State Football Given Green Light to Join Big East
- Trap Game? Ohio State Can't Afford Let Down vs Indiana
- Georgia Running Backs Crowell, Thomas And Malcome Banned One Game
- Prep Basketball Star Mitch Mcgary Commits to Michigan
- N.C. State Nabs Highly-Rated Recruit T.J. Warren
- Road to the Final Four
- College Top 10: Oklahoma State Remains Hot, Clemson Falls
- USC Coach Lane Kiffin Annoyed with Officials After Loss to Stanford
- Stanford Outlasts Southern Cal in Triple-OT
- Michigan Confident After Demolishing Purdue
- Short Long on Hope: Optimistic of Purdue Bowl Chances
- Braxton Miller Clutch in Ohio State Win vs Wisconsin
- Arkansas Rallies in Fourth Quarter Topples Vandy
- Case Keenum Tosses Nine TD Passes as Houston Rips Rice
- Perry Jones Stars as Virginia Holds Off Miami in ACC Clash
- Academic Woes Could Cause UConn Men's Basketball to Miss NCAA Tournament
- NCAA Hoops Coaches Allowed Unlimited Calls and Texts to Juniors And Seniors
Copyright © 2011 AHN -- All Rights Reserved