Skin Care Secrets from the Dermatologist to the Stars
by Shelley Levitt
Beyonce, Kim Kardashian, Victoria Beckham, Oprah and Ellen DeGeneres all have something in common besides a net worth of zillions. They share the same dermatologist -- Dr. Harold Lancer, who dispenses advice and high-tech treatments from his office on Beverly Hills' Rodeo Drive, next to boutiques like CHANEL, Dior, Prada and Ralph Lauren. Now, in his new book, Younger: The Breakthrough Anti-Aging Method for Radiant Skin , Lancer shares his simple four-step secret to getting red-carpet radiant skin (no matter your bank balance).
1. Exfoliate your skin every day and do it before you cleanse
A gentle daily "polish" --the word Lancer actually prefers to exfoliate -- is like "taking the tarnish off silver." Dead cells and surface debris are whisked away to allow "fresh, radiant skin to shine through." You can polish your skin either mechanically (with a loofah, rough washcloth or a scrub with tiny beads), or you can choose a chemical exfoliator that uses enzyme-based ingredients like papaya or pineapple to dissolve those old skin cells. Polish your skin once a day, preferably at night, for 60 to 90 seconds. Dampen your skin with warm water before you begin and finish with a rinse of lukewarm water.
2. Follow polishing with a non-irritating cleanser to cart away the uprooted debris
Apply a pea-sized drop of cleanser to your fingertips and massage it into your skin, working from the jawline up.
3. Complete your nighttime skin care regimen with a nourishing lotion, cream or serum
Check the ingredients label for damage-fighting antioxidants like Vitamin C and Vitamin E. Peptides and pentapeptides will also keep your skin looking its best by boosting the production of new collagen. Again, apply a pea-sized amount and work the product into your skin from the jawline to your hairline.
4. During the day add one more step: protect
Apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher. For all steps of this regimen, find products that feel good on your skin. The more "pampered" your skin care regimen makes you feel, says Lancer, the more likely you are to stick with it.
- Best Nail Color Looks for Your Skin Tone
- Dos & Don'ts of Healthier Skin
- Hot New Beauty Apps You'll Love
- Comfort Clothes, Dressed Up!
- Take That, Sweat
- Mystery Stains? Presoaking Can Help
- Give Your Scalp the Royal Treatment
- Easy Braided Hairstyles for Summer
- Three Summer Braids Paso a Paso
- Verano Beauty Trends to Try at Home
- Celebrity Skin Care Secrets
- The Truth About Your Sunscreen
- The 5 Accessories You Need This Spring
- Hair Dye: Should You Go Organic?
- How to Get Your Gorgeous on in Under 5 Minutes
- Spring Trends Turning Us into '90s Pop Stars
- Chic Coachella Hair Styles
- Spring Manicure? Nailed It!
- Siete Primavera Must-Have Beauty Products
- Surviving the Spring Hairpocalypse
- Make-Up Tips: Blush 101
- 4 Fashion Must Haves -- - and How to Care for Them
- 5 Myths About Caring for Denim
- Spring Clean Your Beauty Arsenal
- What Your Handbag Says About You
- Best in Hair and Beauty: Spring 2014
- 5 Hair Care Mistakes You're Making
- The Secret to Instant Attraction: A Beautiful Smile
- Look Refreshed in 5 Minutes Flat
- Summer's Here! Shake up Your Makeup Routine
- Summer Style Essentials
- 5 Beauty Tricks to Beat the Summer Heat
- Get Gorgeous on the Go
- Pretty Summer Date Night Looks
- Makeup Removal Do's and Don'ts
- Plump Up Your Best Beauty Assets
- Quick Summer Beauty Fixes
Article: Copyright © 2017, Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.