Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 - CNN: Overkill News Network
By Leonard Pitts
Please, for the love of Cronkite: Give us a break from the missing plane. Yes, we all wonder what happened to it. Yes, our hearts go out to the families seeking resolution. But really,
I'm in the doctor's office the other day, right? I'm waiting for my missus and the TV is on and I'm half watching, half reading and you're covering the plane. And time passes. And you're covering the plane. And commercials intervene and you come back and you're covering the plane. And my wife comes out and it's time to go and it's been a solid hour and you're still covering the plane. Nothing but the plane.
I'm on your website maybe six times a day,
You know what,
Yes, you're right. That's so 1978 of me.
But then, Ed and Uncle Walter have left the building, haven't they? And yes, maybe they had the luxury of regarding the news as a public service, a sacred trust, consonant with
Fine. But this is not a trend without impact,
It seems like somebody ought to take a stand against that. Just saying.
Granted, the missing jetliner is not an unimportant story. But neither is it a story deserving of the kind of round-the-clock-man-on-the-moon-war-is-over-presidential-assassination coverage you have given it.
- Fake Royal TV Show Among Bottom of the Heap
- Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 - CNN: Overkill News Network
- Colbert's Irony and Twitter Don't Mix
- News Candy for the Ears
- What to Do When Your Favorite TV Show Ends
- Oscars Host DeGeneres Sets Retweet Record
- Jay Leno: Mr. Nice Guy
- What 'Teen Mom' TV Shows Don't Show
- Hate-Watching Fake DC on TV
- Greatest 90s TV Theme Songs You Almost Forgot
- Find Out How Many Days It Takes To Binge Watch Your Favorite Shows
- 'Silicon Valley' Cast Answers: Who's the Greatest Nerd of All Time?
- The Daily Show on Beyonce's Sexy Videos
- Grey's Anatomy Exclusive Clip
- Top 10 Cartoon Dads from TV
- TV Show Cancellation and Renewal Predictions
- The Definition of Love That Made Oprah Say "Wow"
- Michel Gill of 'House of Cards' Talks About Being President
- 'The Bachelor' Juan Pablo Reacts to Haters
- J.J. Abrams Wants Us To "Believe"
- Is There Too Much Sex and Nudity on 'Game of Thrones'?
- The Most Awkward 'Bachelor' Finale Ever
Article: Copyright © 2014, Tribune Content Agency.
"Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 - CNN: Overkill News Network "