The Most Streamed Original TV Shows
Nothing beats Netflix when it comes to streaming television original programming. Netflix's original shows accounted for nine of the top-10 most streamed originals.
According to new data from Symphony Advanced Media which used its own technology to track viewership figures, "Orange Is The New Black" was the most streamed original series. In fact, Netflix's original shows accounted for nine of the top-10 most streamed originals in 2016.
Amazon, Netflix and Hulu are notoriously secretive regarding viewership numbers and they do not release numbers of their own. Symphony Advanced Media's independent analysis is based on the first 35 days of each show's release in the U.S.
The chart above shows viewing figures from original shows in 2016 (based on first 35 days of release).
- The Uncertain Future of Traditional TV
- Netflix Shines at the Emmys
- Why Americans Binge Watch TV
- To Binge Watch or Not to Binge Watch
- Why TV Seasons Are Now Shorter Than Ever Before
- Netflix Surpasses Major Cable Providers
- Is TV's Reign Nearing Its End?
- 30 Years On: The Simpsons Not Aging Well
- America's Favorite TV Shows
- The Most Streamed Original TV Shows
- Top 10 Netflix TV Shows to Watch
- Scary TV Shows on Netflix to Binge-Watch
- Creepy New TV Shows We're Dying to See
- The 50 Best TV Shows of All Time
- The Best TV Shows You Should Watch Without Your Kids
- Diversity Sells
- Bruce Jenner Says 'Farewell to Bruce'
- 'Game of Thrones': Prepare for Season 5 in Just 2 Minutes
- 7 Reasons Why Beverly Goldberg Is Our Favorite TV Mom!
- 'Game of Thrones' Is the Most Pirated Show on Earth
- Idiot's Guide to 'Game of Thrones'
- 'Arrested Development' Returning With 17 Episodes
- ABC Breaks NBC's Winning Streak In Evening News
- The Day 'Lost' Fans Have Been Anticipating For A Decade
- TV BAFTA Nominees Announced
- How Time-Shifted Viewing Could Save Network TV
- Jon Stewart Defends His 'Daily Show' Successor Trevor Noah
- Netflix Is Bringing 'Full House' Back to TV. Spin-Off in the Works
- George R.R. Martin and HBO Developing New TV Series, 'Captain Cosmos'
- French Broadcaster Hacked by Islamic State
- Nielsen Relies on EXelate for Programmatic Data
- Viacom Blames Underperfoming TV Shows
- Why Fewer People Want Their MTV
- Will HBO Now Move Viewers to Cut the Cord?
- Cablevision to Offer HBO NOW to Online Customers
- Hit TV Shows Lose Luster as Cable Reruns
- Nicole Kidman's 'Grace of Monaco' Now a Lifetime Movie
- DirecTV Pulls Rob Lowe Ad Campaign After Complaint From Comcast
- Cablevision Offers Wi-Fi Phone Service
- Latest Details for Apple's Subscription TV Service