5 Best Fitness Apps
by Caitlin Boyle
The power to stay motivated is right in the palm of your hand.
These five fitness apps will analyze your progress, show you proper form, challenge you to try new workouts, and even make you money!
Nike Training Club
The Nike Training Club app functions like a personal trainer with more than 100 customizable workouts.
You can unlock exclusive extra workouts from professional athletes like Hope Solo and Serena Williams, and Rihanna's personal trainer, Ary Nunez. If you're not sure how to do a particular move, you can watch a video demonstrating proper form. This amazing app can sync your workout with your playlist, allowing you to listen to music and encouragement as you sweat. Through the app, you can track details on your workout and share your progress with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.
GymPact is an incentive-based program that will really motivate you to stick to your workout regimen.
If you exercise, you can make cold hard cash -- and if you don't, you could lose money! The app asks you to pledge to exercise a certain number of days a week (one to seven) and you 'stake' a cash amount (starting at $5).
No cheating allowed!
You use the app to check in at the gym, track outdoor workouts via the integrated RunKeeper function, or work out at home with GymPact Anywhere. If you meet your goal, you get paid via PayPal by the other GymPacters who didn't keep their promise.
(For iPhone and Android)
Couch to 5K
The app times your workout and lets you know through audio clips when it's time to switch your pace from walking to running -- all while simultaneously listening to your own music or podcasts.(For iPhone and Android)
The Endomondo app transforms your phone into the perfect workout partner.
Using the built-in GPS, Endomondo Sports Tracker tracks your progress as you run, cycle or walk, calculating duration, distance, speed, and calories burned, which allows you to focus on your effort, not the clock.
There's a huge social element to this app; you can "race" against friends, share your progress on social media sites, and see your friends' latest workouts and times.
The Gymboss Interval Timer is a programmable interval timer that is ideal for cardio workouts and high intensity interval training (HIIT workouts). Customize your workouts with set intervals for running, boxing, crunches, planks and more.
Caitlin Boyle is a blogger, motivational speaker and author of the book Healthy Tipping Point: A Powerful Program for a Stronger, Happier You. She helps her husband run a holistic health clinic in Charlotte, N.C.
- Top 10 Grossing iPhone Apps in the United States
- Top 10 Grossing Android Apps in the United States
- App Users Spend 77% of Their Time on Their Top 3 Apps
- Google's Waze Carpool App Expands
- How Smart Are 'Smart' Assistants?
- Most Hashtagged Cities On Instagram
- Apple's App Store Set For 5 Million Apps By 2020
- The Dating App World Map
- The Perfect Holiday Shopping Assistant
- Apps to Purchase Event Tickets at Discounted Prices
- Virtual Pet Apps That Teach Children Responsibility
- Best Music Making Apps & Sites for Kids
- Instagram Do's and Don't's
- Music Streaming Apps Teens Love
- Make Your Smartphone Your Personal Trainer
- 3 Free Texting Apps Kids Love
- Best Apps for Young Aspiring Writers
- Help Make Your Kid a 'Maker'
- Best Foreign Language Apps for Kids
- Best Goal-Setting Apps for Kids
- Best Reading Apps for Kids
- Smart Educational Apps for Kids
- Spend Less with These In-Store Apps
- Worthy Personal Finance Apps
- Get Organized with These 3 Apps
- Meditation Apps that Lower Stress
- Hot New Beauty Apps You'll Love
- Sleep Better Thanks to These Mobile Apps
- Pocket App: Changing Reading While On-the-Go
- Ready, Set, Relax Apps
- Apps to Monitor Your Nutrition
- Apps to Help You Care for the Elderly
- Fun Family Activity Apps
- Photo Apps That'll Make You Look Like a Star
- Make Your Family A Digital Scrapbook
- Keep Kids Learning All Year Round
- Travel Apps For Last-Minute Vacations
- Getting Started with Mobile Payment Apps
- The 5 Most Appetizing Meal Delivery Apps
- Mobile Calendar App Time-Savers
- What Your Teens Should Know Before Using Snapchat
- Tell Visual Stories With Your Smartphone
- How To Use Photoshop Mix
- Best Free Mobile Video Editing Apps
- Best Photo Apps To Download Now
- Do You Really Need a Fitbit?
- Get Organized With Online Appointment Scheduling
- Best Apps for On-the-Go Business Owners
- Top 5 Healthcare Apps Right Now
- 5 Best Fitness Apps
- Must-Have Apps for New York City
- Time-Saving Apps for Moms
- There's a Map for That
Article: Copyright © 2017 Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.