Instagram Do's and Don't's
by Milvian Prieto
Instagram is the center for finding visually appealing photos and connecting with friends and users that share similar interests as you.
Instagram’s free and easy-to-use social platform allows you to instantly share captured memories with a few editing tools and an option to add a caption.
The beauty of Instagram is the ability to find users and topics that inspire you with a simple search. You can get a taste of what your favorite actor is up to or follow accounts that love your favorite football team as much as you do. The ability to appeal to your followers and equally inspire them is grand too.
So how do you get people to follow you and double-tap your posts?
Be creative and entice them with photos and videos that will inspire them. When used properly, Instagram can be a lot of fun. And if you’re not having fun, maybe you’re doing something wrong. So here are a few tips to enhance your Instagram experience. (Feel free to share these with your kids too, since Instagram is the most popular amongst teens.)
Take time to edit your photos
Although some photos can be posted as is, take advantage of the filters and edit options that Instagram offers.
Whether it’s a dark cloud in the background or cropping an unwanted item in the photo, Instagram allows you to do just that in the app to make for a picture-perfect post.
Use relevant hashtags with purpose and intention
Nothing is more annoying than a captioned post crammed with a ton of hashtags.
While it’s absolutely encouraged to use hashtags, only use them if they are relevant to what you’re posting. Hashtags are beneficial to use while posting so others who share the same interests as you can find your photos. If you plan on using hashtags, use them with purpose!
Instagram isn’t a win-or-lose game.
It’s a community built for people who want to share tidbits of their lives with the world. So have fun, be creative with your posts, and interact with other folks who are posting photos that catch your eye.
Spam your followers
Nothing is more annoying than scrolling down your Instagram feed and seeing the same user posted 15 photos in a row.
People tend to post many images at a time, usually at the same place or striking a different pose. Don’t do it! It comes off as obnoxious and may actually cause people to unfollow you. Think of your Instagram page as an art gallery, curated with only the best photos you’d want the public to see. Remember, quality over quantity.
Post inappropriate content
Just like any other social platform, it’s important to be aware of what you post.
Stay away from posting content that may tarnish your profile. Things that should never be shared on Instagram, especially if your page isn’t set to private, are personal and financial information.
Post poor quality photos
At the end of the day, Instagram is a photo sharing app.
No one wants to see a pixelated or an over-edited photo on their feed. Whether or not you’re a professional photographer, keep in mind that you should be satisfied with the content you post if you want others to be as well.
Instagram can be a lot of fun and an awesome community if used the correct way. Keep these tips in mind the next time you decide to post an image or video to enhance your experience within the Instagram community.
Milvian Prieto, a New Jersey-based writer, is on a quest to find the best apps that benefit 20-somethings and young families. She loves learning about technology and the way it impacts our lives.
More TECHNOLOGY ...
- Apps to Purchase Event Tickets at Discounted Prices
- Virtual Pet Apps That Teach Children Responsibility
- Best Music Making Apps & Sites for Kids
- Instagram Do's and Don't's
- Music Streaming Apps Teens Love
- Make Your Smartphone Your Personal Trainer
- 3 Free Texting Apps Kids Love
- Best Apps for Young Aspiring Writers
- Help Make Your Kid a 'Maker'
- Best Foreign Language Apps for Kids
- Best Goal-Setting Apps for Kids
- Best Reading Apps for Kids
- Smart Educational Apps for Kids
- Spend Less with These In-Store Apps
- Worthy Personal Finance Apps
- Get Organized with These 3 Apps
- Meditation Apps that Lower Stress
- Hot New Beauty Apps You'll Love
- Sleep Better Thanks to These Mobile Apps
- Pocket App: Changing Reading While On-the-Go
- Ready, Set, Relax Apps
- Apps to Monitor Your Nutrition
- Apps to Help You Care for the Elderly
- Fun Family Activity Apps
- Photo Apps That'll Make You Look Like a Star
- Make Your Family A Digital Scrapbook
- Keep Kids Learning All Year Round
- Travel Apps For Last-Minute Vacations
- Getting Started with Mobile Payment Apps
- The 5 Most Appetizing Meal Delivery Apps
- Mobile Calendar App Time-Savers
- What Your Teens Should Know Before Using Snapchat
- Tell Visual Stories With Your Smartphone
- How To Use Photoshop Mix
- Best Free Mobile Video Editing Apps
- Best Photo Apps To Download Now
- Do You Really Need a Fitbit?
- Get Organized With Online Appointment Scheduling
- Best Apps for On-the-Go Business Owners
- Top 5 Healthcare Apps Right Now
- 5 Best Fitness Apps
- Must-Have Apps for New York City
- Time-Saving Apps for Moms
- There's a Map for That
Article: Copyright © 2016 Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.
"Instagram Do's and Don't's"