Spend Less with These In-Store Apps
by Bev Bachel
Karen Carlson, a dental assistant in Kansas City, shops not only for her family, but also for her dentist’s office, often buying everything from toothbrushes and dental floss to cleaning supplies. Regardless of who she’s doing the shopping for, she prides herself on spending money wisely.
While saving cash on purchases once meant pouring over weekly circulars and clipping coupons, Carlson now relies on her smartphone. “I love how easy today’s smartphone apps make it for consumers like me to save money on what we want and need,” she says.
Here are three popular in-store apps that Carlson and other “wise spenders” like her applaud:
Savings are only a screen tap away with this app, which makes it easy to shop the store’s weekly ad for deals and create a shopping list. The app also makes it easy to sign up for offer-filled emails that you can then forward to a mobile ExtraCare “card.” Scan the card at checkout and save as much as 30%. The app comes with an additional feature Carlson appreciates: the ability to track all her savings.
This app makes it easy to search through hundreds of offers in all categories and then add them to your personalized Cartwheel barcode. You can get two for one, save 10% on men’s T-shirts, or enjoy 25% off all lighting. Just scan the barcode at checkout, and you’ll automatically save. No time to browse the app before you shop? “No problem,” says Carlson. “Just use the app’s barcode scan feature to see if there’s a Cartwheel offer on the items you’re buying.”
“This app is easy to use, and it delivers cash back,” says Carlson. Just shop at Walmart, then type in your receipt number or take a picture of your receipt’s barcode. Walmart then compares the prices of eligible items on your receipt against advertised prices offered by top competitors in your area. If a lower advertised price is found, you get back the difference on a Walmart eGift card sent to you. “It’s like making money while you sleep,” she says.
Freelance writer Bev Bachel lives in Minneapolis and uses her phone to talk, text and email friends and family around the world. She’s the author of What Do You Really Want? How to Set a Goal and Go For It!
- Top 10 Grossing iPhone Apps in the United States
- Top 10 Grossing Android Apps in the United States
- App Users Spend 77% of Their Time on Their Top 3 Apps
- Google's Waze Carpool App Expands
- How Smart Are 'Smart' Assistants?
- Most Hashtagged Cities On Instagram
- Apple's App Store Set For 5 Million Apps By 2020
- The Dating App World Map
- The Perfect Holiday Shopping Assistant
- Apps to Purchase Event Tickets at Discounted Prices
- Virtual Pet Apps That Teach Children Responsibility
- Best Music Making Apps & Sites for Kids
- Instagram Do's and Don't's
- Music Streaming Apps Teens Love
- Make Your Smartphone Your Personal Trainer
- 3 Free Texting Apps Kids Love
- Best Apps for Young Aspiring Writers
- Help Make Your Kid a 'Maker'
- Best Foreign Language Apps for Kids
- Best Goal-Setting Apps for Kids
- Best Reading Apps for Kids
- Smart Educational Apps for Kids
- Spend Less with These In-Store Apps
- Worthy Personal Finance Apps
- Get Organized with These 3 Apps
- Meditation Apps that Lower Stress
- Hot New Beauty Apps You'll Love
- Sleep Better Thanks to These Mobile Apps
- Pocket App: Changing Reading While On-the-Go
- Ready, Set, Relax Apps
- Apps to Monitor Your Nutrition
- Apps to Help You Care for the Elderly
- Fun Family Activity Apps
- Photo Apps That'll Make You Look Like a Star
- Make Your Family A Digital Scrapbook
- Keep Kids Learning All Year Round
- Travel Apps For Last-Minute Vacations
- Getting Started with Mobile Payment Apps
- The 5 Most Appetizing Meal Delivery Apps
- Mobile Calendar App Time-Savers
- What Your Teens Should Know Before Using Snapchat
- Tell Visual Stories With Your Smartphone
- How To Use Photoshop Mix
- Best Free Mobile Video Editing Apps
- Best Photo Apps To Download Now
- Do You Really Need a Fitbit?
- Get Organized With Online Appointment Scheduling
- Best Apps for On-the-Go Business Owners
- Top 5 Healthcare Apps Right Now
- 5 Best Fitness Apps
- Must-Have Apps for New York City
- Time-Saving Apps for Moms
- There's a Map for That
Article: Copyright © 2017 Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.